Empty

mr_ship":q2n8hwdw said:
Whats the serial number on this Rick? Does it have the Proto # as someone suggested over on Fatcogs?

It is #153P4ML and was prototype number 3 according to the paperwork I got with the frame.

Very unproductive day today. Started by stripping and cleaning up the XTR shifters and brake levers as they were covered in dirt and grime, they have come up very well:
P1020904.jpg

P1020905.jpg

Then I moved onto fitting some new cables and setting up the mech's and thats where things all went to pot :( .

I fitted the XTR front mech and I could not get the extension on it to get the chain into the top ring so I guessed the chainline was wrong. Measured it up and sure enough it was quite a long way out. I have some Graftons unfitted which should have been ok with the 122.5mm BB. Sadly the chainrings were grazing the chainstay ever so slightly and the chain would not shift from the granny to the middle ring as it hits the pivot. I can only guess it would need a 127mm BB to use the graftons and a longer one than the 113mm one I tried with the middleburns.

On a positive I have sourced some NOS Shock a Billy decals and have bought a number of nice bits and bobs off here which should arrive over the next week or so :D

Worlds were in Vail in '94 Rick so strictly speaking..... :LOL:

Top work so far :cool: I kept looking at the ebay ad and wondered if it would be a total wreck, you've definitely gave it the shine it deserves :)

lovely.
i'm not a fan of Fats in the main but the Billys i do like.

can i ask how you cleaned the shifters too?
i guess we all have our ways, but yours seem to have come up really well.

Back