Anyone familar with Accutrax Bikes?

Silverfish":3j7yhhgm said:
Wow. Was it complete as per the above pic??
Yes except for the post and saddle the rail tightening bolt was stripped on the XT post that it came with(argh) so I was forced to replace with the Syncros

Does anyone have a black XT post in 26.8?

The Alpinestars is very nice a little larger just needs some cleaning
I honestly haven't even given it a second look since dragging it home

More excited about the Ultimate

Chickenball":t7dei4sy said:
Looks like a Yeti. But nice find!!!!

Looks like a yeti. But Nice find - what kinda statement is that ????

Wow wow Nice find - I'm happening for you :cool:

Cracking Yeti you have there ..... But I can't help thinking that, that must have been one hell of a crummy bike shop, especially if the bike shop owner had them all this time & didn't even know what they were ! ;)
or for that matter didn't have any idea of there value from the components bolted to them?

Not even Frank and Vinney off American Pickers get this lucky and those guys are Pro's

Great story if a little dubious, however I appreciate quality and looking forward to seeing Alpinestars if its half as good as the Ultimate then you've got two real cool cycles

Retro Spud":2a5sb8u9 said:
Cracking Yeti you have there ..... But I can't help thinking that, that must have been one hell of a crummy bike shop, especially if the bike shop owner had them all this time & didn't even know what they were ! ;)
or for that matter didn't have any idea of there value from the components bolted to them?

Good Point...and I want to clarify this.
After we got into the car I felt the need to explain a few things to my eleven year old Son.
First off..he needed to hear the complete story of how John Parker started Yeti and then got into how the concept of the Ultimate project came about and how this bike design was a true turning point for mountain bike design and function. He thoroughly enjoyed the story and I stretched it out to a full fifteen minutes.

Then in anticipation of my Sons probing questions about why I got it so cheap and its current value etc etc...... I explained to him that I am ALL about bike karma and the main reason I took these bikes were....
1) He was a Bike Shop Owner
2) Our minimal negotiations were quite friendly & an accepted practice
3) (And this is the biggie) Before we shook hands he said that these were going for a lot more on Ebay (Indicating to me that he wasnt interested in pursuing top dollar)
4) My intentions for this bike are truly for my own enjoyment and have nothing to do with profiteering.

I also agreed to donate at least one of my existing bikes to the Local Trips for Kids charity shop.

So all in all I my conscience is clear (at least on this acquisition) ;)

Not sure what you mean by "dubious" but if you would like to fly to my part of the States I will be glad to privately provide you the address for this little shop so you can personally visit it. You will then have total understanding of how this could have transpired.

Hey, I'm a fan of old bikes and I'm genuinely happy for you ! (really)

I'd love to own just one for the price you paid for both,

fair play to you on your find(s) it just wouldn't happen over here.

Re:

JSOI also agreed to donate at least one of my existing bikes to the Local Trips for Kids charity shop. So all in all I my conscience is clear (at least on this acquisition) :wink: quote said:
Fast forward a few months....
The Local Trips for Kids Recyclery have made at least $650 (that I know of) because of two of my donations...confirmed. Although there have been probably ten or so subsequent frame and parts donations that I dont know the status of.

So.... with that said .....I am hoping Bike Karma HAS to be back in my corner by now.

Sebastians Ultimate that he entered in the December BOTM contest (Fat vs Klein vs Yeti) really inspired me to stip this and send to Spectrum for new coat & add white Bullseye Cranks & Hubs & a Turbo)
But in the end......
This one is going back to the way I found it.

Here is the run down:
Frame 1990(?) Yeti Ultimate Elevated Chainstay
Fork Accutrax Rigid
Rims Mavic 231
Hubs XT-Black 732-Replaced with White Bullseye
Tires Smoke(R) Dart (F)
Crank Cooks
BB Non cartridge
Levers XT 732
Shifters XT Thumbies
Bars Black taperlite
Grips Mushroom