Rock Shox SID 2000 Hydra air XC (Red)

hugh jardon

Dirt Disciple
Rock Shox SID Hyrda air XC, these were bought by me in 2000 immediately after riding the Mountain Mayhem on my (at the time) fully rigid GT Zaskar, an experience that left me a broken man!

However I also tried to be clever and cut the rear brake bosses off the frame in an attempt to modify the original Zaskar's U brake/mud collector.

The brake boss thing never really worked and hence left the bike unusable, hence although fitted these forks have NEVER been bounced off road in anger!!!

The only marks are from storage, other bikes lent against them over the years etc, steerer has been cut to fit Zaskar 172mm

After £95 posted, paypal gift ideally

Got one pic squashed to fit, lots more available

Attachments

• F1.JPG
    F1.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 5,883
Been asked the weight question, so thought I'd share the outcome, on digital kitchen scales they came out at 1,406 grams three times so must be somewhere close to that.

These should be posted in the 1998+ area, this current 'mtb for sale' is for proper old mtb stuff (well 1997 or before)
It might also help you sell them.

Hey, me too!

I'm in the middle of assembling a vintage 2000 Litespeed Ti and would love to have those along with the XTR parts I just sourced. It turns out the 1999 pair of Rock Shox SIDs I bought are not re-buildable, or at least there aren't any spare parts being re-manufactured for them to stay in the game (fork seals/bushings and whatever else), so I am in need of some newer ones that can still be regularly maintenanced and serviced. Please let me know if this fork is still availble! Thank you!

Back