BIGFOOT Smokestone 1993 (now NeilM's)

Smokestone

Loving this, building a Cirrus myself-similar design and ride, loving the E-stay builds at the mo, this one has loads of soul from BITD, just love it fella!(PS mine has the same wheelset ;) )

Great looking build - loving the purple - planning the same for mine :cool:

Where did you get the annodising done on your drops outs?

NeilM":22q5pxgw said:
Too much purple is bad for you you know.

Red, blue, green and gold are much safer.

I have decided to exorcise my purple demons on one bike.

(What has purple ever done to you any way?!)

nevadasmith":c2a3k9ms said:
I have decided to exorcise my purple demons on one bike.

(What has purple ever done to you any way?!)

Do you remember, back in the late 80's when all the aftermarked alloy bits started to appear, they were all purple, and it was COOL. I had bikes dripping with the stuff I even had a purple bike, two of them actually, a Saracen that I sprayed myself and then a Dawes (One Track I think), that was a pathetic lavender colour. In the end I decided I was sick to death of bl**dy purple.

Fortunately, the anodising industry came to my rescue, with a whole range of other colours.... any of which would suit a nice polished alloy frame :cool:

Mine all MINE BWAHAHAHA :twisted:

I have plans... and they involve no purple whatsoever.

Well, maybe just a little bit ;)

Quick technical question for all you Bigfoot and Ozone owners; Do these bikes have a 70mm Italian bottom brackets?

The BB on mine is threaded continuously from side to side, and so I measured the BB and it is as near as makes no odds 70mm. A quick look at Sheldon Browns web site left me wondering.

I am going to take the frame into Graham Foot later this week, so will get a definitive answer, but just thought I pop the question here first.

Latest posts

Back