Raleigh Dynatech?

if you google raleigh dyna tech rudy project it comes up near the top
the search functions on forums doo my head in they show you millions of pointless stuff

i have the white yellow combo you mention its a reynolds 2055 tubed version
dont be too upset by not being a ti model i dont rate them ti ones

I think it is a Dynatech, looks like serial number starts SP (as in Special Products division). Raleigh's version of Lockheeds Skunk works! :D

Have you tried a magnet on the main tubes? If they are not magnetic, they are Ti and would certainly prove it's Dynatechness.

Paint looks non original to me...

Nice find though, was it cheap? :D

The pics are there midlife, could be your browser? just checked the seatpost size is 27.0mm and wheelbase is 38.5" and rear stays are 400mm not 415mm so guess it's not the 'training' frameset, the paint on closer inspection may have been redone though not 100% sure either wayTBH.

he said above that a magnet sticks to the main tubes
it definately been repainted
why would someone remove the reynolds hologram
the only reason i could think would be to make it less noticable to steal it
but lets face it even without the reynols decal some scrote would inch it away as its still nice looking bike
if you got it from chesterfield area people will know a dynatech as there must be plenty around that area
you wanna give those sti brake gear shifters a nice dollop of wd40 3in1 oil for a few days to get them all nicely soaked to make them less likely to be damaged as replacing them will be a shame if they can work ok
the 600 shifters are probably worth as much as the frame is maybe

my 2055 dyna tech 400 white yellow frame was new old stock never ridden cost me 25 quid within two weeks i had put a tiny dent in it DOH

everthing works fine, just needs new tyres...thinking of putting some 700 x 28's on to provide some cushioning for the frame.
I've given it a quick clean and oil, just need some decent weather to try it out.

have you made a decision about what model you think it is yet matey
2055 2060 2070 2080
dont be to upset if it turns out to be a lower model unless you paid alot for it im not trying to find out how much you paid so dont tell me

ive tried every type of steel dyna tech and find the higher grades to be abit stiff and jitttery as with anything a bit of flex and relaxed is not such a bad thing really in everyday life unless you are racing
bit like carbon my bro has a brand new carbon it flies goes real fast but after about 5 miles you wish it was a bit more relaxed and more pleasurable to ride
yours having 600 group on would lean towards it being a better model
mine is the lower end 2055 400 but its fine and rides good and can go offroad canal path railway line etc no worries with some chubby tyres on it
i have a reynolds 753 and 653 ribble thats a bit more race focused wouldnt go offroad on either of those two would shake me teeth out

Not sure RR, none of the specs seem to match up, 27.0mm ID for seattube would lead me to believe 753 or similar, the rear brake cable is attatched through 3 eyes and not through the top tube like some versions.

Back