RetroRoadRide Saturday 2nd June 2012

who's idea was it to start/finish at the brewery?......and retrobike beer?......i'm really very drunk........ :?

im stunned just found this ride and now its over. Could of got me Klein road bike out.

Thanks a very upset andy

What a fantastic day, big thanks to Carl and Spencer for the hospitality and route really enjoyed it.

I am so glad I dont live close to the brewery that would be deadly :shock:

How great was it to walk into a bar and ask for some Retrobike!?!??! Ace!!

and I think there was a mechanical ?!?! :LOL:

Good effort from harry crumb too with the early start!! love the VW :cool:

thanks daj for that input now really upset that it was so great and i was not there.

so many people are now going to post with how great is was and was not there and the best of it is that i was thinking of riding my bike today and had no where to go.

thanks an even more stunned andy

Had a thoroughly enjoyable ride today, albeit a little different to the planned route taken by everybody else.

Big thanks to Spence and Karl for hosting this one, lovely place to ride a bike, hope you'll consider having us lot over again.

Also thanks to Mark (Iwasgoodonce) for waiting when I dropped that chain, hope it didn't spoil your day too much as I know you fancied trying to keep up with the fast guys at the front.

And cheers to Ken for being a great guide, without his excellent local knowledge I'd still be out there now.

Think I'll be borrowing the Old Man's bike again :D .

Smashing day out, Karl and Spence were convivial hosts, and convivial hosts who brewed damn tasty beer. Sampling that latter directly lead to, I believe, the illusion of riding a different bike after than before lunch.

There are many abiding images from the day but perhaps the most enduring is Martin trying to get his lower jockey wheel to touch the chainstay - he got this close, a better effort than any I yet seen.

Faire le metier

Ed

Big thanks to Carl & Spence. I really enjoyed that. Would have been nice to see if I could have kept up with the top group but the three of us had a great ride on roads new to two of us.

So here's the route we did. The hills were gentle but did seem to follow each other with regularity.

All in all, I'm going to continue to ride more if at all possible and look forward to our next road ride. I haven't actually ridden in a group in ages and it all adds to sprints/chases and catches that mean my legs feel more stingy than if I had ridden 30 mile on my own.

That beer was good too!

Attachments

• Tips017.jpg
    Tips017.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 1,794
Back