I know this Heckler isn't going to get finished.. GF Project

IWish

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well the other half has been after a bike and I have been stopping her buying a Halfords POS as she's only a student so she has next to no money. I've got the frame.

It needs a longer shock and almost everything else. The fork is leaking and the stantions are quite worn but it came at a good price with a set of HS33..

Speaking of HS33, I need the V brake screws for them and maybe a adaptor for the front to a new fork. A pair of braces and to repair them. I sheared a bolt inside the brake trying to tighten it as it was leaking a little under braking.

The frame it's self looks in pretty good condition besides the shock mount repair, (Pic below) I'll be using the 27.2 post from my Ridge on it probably and getting a Layback for it, I'll be running the Magura rear brake and if I can't repair the front I'll buy a Hope or Magura disc.

I've got a wheelset too, they don't match but they're not bad at all!

I'll be making it a 1x9 too, I need a front ring, 32T I think will be best. For 104BCD cranks

Pics below and any thoughts would help, also the size of the rear shock and to tell me if you have one with lockout.

Attachments

• IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,090
  • IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,090
  • IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,090
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,090
The brakes and fork,

As you can see the damage too the brake line and the fork wear, it's leaking in that stantion too.

Attachments

• IMAG0123.jpg
    IMAG0123.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,087
What is the deal with the top tube repair? the welds look pretty crappy?

My welding is gash at the best of times, so i usually grind them flat afterwards to tidy them up LOL, that one looks worse than some of the stuff i have welded!

S-M":69a03tvt said:
What is the deal with the top tube repair? the welds look pretty crappy?

My welding is gash at the best of times, so i usually grind them flat afterwards to tidy them up LOL, that one looks worse than some of the stuff i have welded!

As far as I can tell and was told the original shock mount broke and the previous owner repaired there with a new tube instead of a full top tube.

Hi

I don't want to piss on ya chips!! Who did the repair on the top tube?

Was it some bloke with a welder or did was he skilled in alloy tube repairs? The repair looks very ropey to me!

al.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that frame. The shock mount takes a fair load, and the heat from welding will have weakened the tubes.

Aside from the fact that the welds themselves look rubbish, it just isn't worth the risk.

A cheapo new hard tail frame from handsome dog or merlin etc will be a much safer bet if funds are tight.

Back