Pace RC300 V2.0

WOOHOO!!! Its done! :D
Now, if only it would stop bloody raining cuz I don't fancy getting soaked to the skin out of choice and I don't wanna wreck my sexy new saddle! ;)

7322358464_bce2d90a5a_c.jpg

Spec:
Frame: Pace RC300 16.5" 2002
Fork: Pace RC39 C-Type with lock-out

Headset: Hope
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 100mm 0 degree 31.8
Handlebar: USE Atom carbon

Brakes: Hope Tech M4 with Hope XT matchmakers
Brake Hose: Hope standard
Brake Discs: Hope 183mm

Shifters: Shimano XT M770 9sp (Hope matchmakers)
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT M770
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M770 rapid rise
Cassette: Shimano XT 9sp
Chain: KMC 9
Crank: Shimano XT M751
Rings: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT octalink
Pedals: flats

Skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: Mavic XC717
Hubs: Hope Pro2 Evo
Tyres: IRC El Gato
Tubes: Yes

Saddle: Selle Turbo brown suede
Seatpost: USE Alien aluminium

I'll get some close up pics done when I can get it outside.......if it ever stops raining.

Lovely job!

You beat me! Let me know how the ride is with the more modern forks/travel.

Have chosen to go with some period/geo correct forks on mine. Am tempted to go for rc39 or rc41s

cheers dude, lets call it a draw :)

I didn't notice any difference between the RC39's and the RC36 ProClass2's when I used both on my 200, steering didn't feel any slower or loose. When I measured what the overall height difference was it worked out to 2cm unloaded, so not really that big a difference. I think you can get the RC39's internals changed to 80mm travel too so you could have the best of both worlds.
I've actual got another pair of the 1st edition RC39's (gold stanchions) that I have been thinking about selling to re-coup some cash back that I have spunked getting the 300 bits together, if you are interested let me know and I'll have to make a decision on whether to let them go ;)

How you getting on with the new black 300 you picked up, swapped all the bits over yet?

Interested yeah why not! Were you selling some rc36 as well??

I am close on mine, sold the rc38 it came with but having problems getting the lock out lever off the brake lever!

treacle":7ax91yq0 said:
Interested yeah why not! Were you selling some rc36 as well??

I am close on mine, sold the rc38 it came with but having problems getting the lock out lever off the brake lever!

Ok, I'll have a think and get back to you on the RC39's, the RC36's are in the For Sale section ;)

How is the lock out lever stuck on the brake lever? Its on a seperate clamp isn't it?

Latest posts

Back