The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great shame is that home grown bikes like the Zinn are hugely undervalued over here. If it were a Salsa or Yeti in that condition, you could practically retire on the funds.

It's a toughie, as you are into a pretty selective market, why not try £950 ish and see if you get any response. I would also drop Sinnerman and Giom6 a PM, asking their opinions.

I have a AMP F1 (labeled as Concept USA) in NOS condition. It has a 195mm long steering tube with 75mm threaded. Diameter is 1" (inner) / 1 1/8" (outer). Including the thing to mount cantis (do not know the proper word in english).
The fork was never mounted (no signs at thead, brake-bolts) but has some dirt from storage.

How much should this nice thing cost?

Nice one

NeilM":27gqfefn said:
The great shame is that home grown bikes like the Zinn are hugely undervalued over here. If it were a Salsa or Yeti in that condition, you could practically retire on the funds.

It's a toughie, as you are into a pretty selective market, why not try £950 ish and see if you get any response. I would also drop Sinnerman and Giom6 a PM, asking their opinions.

I think E-bay is the best route too on this. Problem is though with the bike world the US stuff seems to reach silly prices this probably wont meet the reserve i put on it :shock:

OK - help me out please...

I have a 1996 Klein Pulse Comp - 16" seattube c-to-t - 22" top tube c-to-c.
Maybe Klein built as opposed to Trek built.
Chunky square to round chainstays
Metallic green - but flaking in places.
Nothing special - would like to move the frame on - what's a fair price?
£50? £100?

Thanks in advance

Viintage Chris King headset

I've got a pretty old Chris King two nut headset, curious if there is much desire for these. Its a bit scratched up, 1" steerer.

Attachments

• DSC03680.JPG
    DSC03680.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,021
Carge":7a1kk1ly said:
OK - help me out please...

I have a 1996 Klein Pulse Comp - 16" seattube c-to-t - 22" top tube c-to-c.
Maybe Klein built as opposed to Trek built.
Chunky square to round chainstays
Metallic green - but flaking in places.
Nothing special - would like to move the frame on - what's a fair price?
£50? £100?

Thanks in advance

I'd say somewhere in between but on the £50 side of things.

Re: Bearings

slimjoe":22ygwdb1 said:
Thats a bonney headset! Should get £50-£60 for that if the bearings are decent.

Agree, maybe more 3DV ones are going strong just now. IIRC one went very high within the last year.

Specialized Team Master/Control pair used like twice? (1997)
Knobbly bits/full tread, lovely wet looking as new essentially + spiders eggs from shed.....

:?:

and to the dedicated money-no-object restoration enthusiast?

:?:

Have a set of Specialized anodoised hubs/wheels which these would fit nicely to a Specialized frame - Would love to keep them obviously however feeling for sensible valuations, init.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back