Old School Kona Hei Hei

edo747

Dirt Disciple
Here is a picture of my almost finished Old School Kona Hei Hei...any suggestions?

Attachments

• HEI HEI 8.jpg
    HEI HEI 8.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 619
  • HEI HEI 5.jpg
    HEI HEI 5.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 588
Very classy frame! 1993-1994?

I would go for a more classic look. Maybe not a 100% period correct, but nearly. Fork, cranks, headset, tyres and wheels are "wrong" in my opinion. A mix with old xtr, xt and v-brakes looks also a bit weird.

This frame deserves the best!

kaos":7hn13b10 said:

I would go for a more classic look. Maybe not a 100% period correct, but nearly. Fork, cranks, headset, tyres and wheels are "wrong" in my opinion. A mix with old xtr, xt and v-brakes looks also a bit weird.

1994...I bought the bike a month ago with the Rock Shox Judy and I understand what you mean by going for a more classic look. If I had it my way, I would definitely replace the fork with either a Project 2 fork or an old school Manitou, the stem with either a Syncros or Control Tech, Cranks with Cook Bros., a Chris King Headset and some Paul cantis. Unfortunately, I am on a very tright budget and most of the parts that I have on the bike currently were from my parts bin from my previous bikes. No worries...one day it will be transformed it's classic look. BTW I still have the original Kona "Dog Collar" cable stop for future tranformation of the bike.

edo747":ifikzevm said:
kaos":ifikzevm said:

1994...I bought the bike a month ago with the Rock Shox Judy and I understand what you mean by going for a more classic look. If I had it my way, I would definitely replace the fork with either a Project 2 fork or an old school Manitou, the stem with either a Syncros or Control Tech, Cranks with Cook Bros., a Chris King Headset and some Paul cantis. Unfortunately, I am on a very tright budget and most of the parts that I have on the bike currently were from my parts bin from my previous bikes. No worries...one day it will be transformed it's classic look. BTW I still have the original Kona "Dog Collar" cable stop for future tranformation of the bike.

You mean like mine!?!?!

IMG_0378.jpg

Anways looks great! Welcome to the Ti club! Where are you located?!

Back