DeKerf Team ST

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've always wanted a DeKerf softtail, and decided to buy this one when it came up for sale despite having enough projects already running! 

Unfortunately it has had a few modifications carried out during its life. 
The rear has had a disk brake mount welded on by Chas Roberts and repainted with a hammerite type paint. I managed to find a similar paint and have resprayed the rear where the mount was welded on. It's not the same colour, but from a meter away you can't see it at all. I also sprayed the bar-ends the same colour.
The original paint is stunning and it's not been polished/waxed yet, the new clear coat will also need sanding when it's had long enough to fully dry. 
The Canadian badged parts were made by a mixture of painting and printing on water-slide paper. 
The rear shock has been serviced/reconditioned. The metal collar has been replaced with a custom made item from someone on here (thanks very much). 
The refurbishment thread is here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1524003#1524003

I bought some Pace RC36 Stealth forks to put on it, but prefer the look of standard RC36's so am trying to put some nice ones together from the ones that I already own. 

It will be fitted with M730 thumbshifters and mechs as I already have them. 
The cranks will either be NOS M737 XT or Acor titanium, not sure yet! The wheels are Hope Ti-Glide disk hubs with Mavic X517 rims with DT Swiss DB 1.8 spokes. 

Weight isn't really a factor in this build, although I would like it under 25lb. 

R5Ods2yl_original.jpg

LpPfIpgX_original.jpg

s-m3+qxK_original.jpg

VqwHm-jl_original.jpg

Yij4uWvF_original.jpg

owoC7FwC_original.jpg

omFZqazJ_original.jpg

8PkQJPlS_original.jpg

This is going to look great, can't wait to see it finished and ridden...

I made the top cap. I think I could be better so might do it again! The top cap was a normal rounded one that I ground down to make flat, I also now have made a bolt that sits flush in it.

I've not done much on it since. Just been trying to make a working pair of Pace forks out of this lot:

3dz2z92C_original.jpg

Back