show us your cars 2

Cosmics on the notch.

blogger-image-946933916.jpg

al. :D

Now that is a rare site on the roads these days, and the first performance car I ever drove (torque steer nearly broke my thumbs though!)

nice ferrari! good to see a non red one for a change.

I really want to have a go in a 5 turbo, never even sat in one. a mate has a lowly 5 and i just cant imagine feeling safe in a turbo, similar to my old uno turbo i suppose.

we started the caddy make over last night, front suspension is a hybrid of mk3 golf gti and caddy. wheels are borbet a's (centres were still wet). the rear is getting done on sunday as it is quite an involved job as it is on leaf springs so the axle needs flipping to sit on top of the springs.

IMAG1398 by lewis1641, on Flickr

on the mk2 golf front, i have bought a new set of engine mounts and the parts needed to convert the hydraulic clutch to cable. My mechanic mate has a day off today and is hoping to have the engine and box in by the end of the day. The ecu is in bits having the immobiliser removed so i dont need to run mk4 clocks and ignition barrel so its quite an exciting weekedn car wise

chiswickcollectables":17ytm9mw said:
...shown my 5 Turbo before, but I give it a bit of a klean today so here it is again.

DSCN1726.jpg

DSCN1727.jpg

DSCN1737.jpg
Such a pleasure to see a clean and unmodified one of these. The body kits and stuff the people put on these make my eyes bleed!

astra coupe turbo

still undecided what i spend more on bikes or car

and got bored with the photoshop

Attachments

• astra.jpg
    astra.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 642
Perhaps not the most exotic, or powerful car

But, this was our acquisition in March

1.6Tdi (Common Rail) It's averaging 50MPG 'knocking about, & 60ishMPG for wifes trips to Cardiff :D

VED is £30 per year, & we've just received the insurance renewal through @ £293!!!!
That's with both of us & in-laws on the policy (in case they need it for any reason!!!)

The only minor gripes/grumbles with it, from my perspective, are;
1. Only the off-side rear foglamp illuminates & the near-side cannot be activated/turned-on (checked with Skoda Technical)

2. It has very good sized lights, with 4 bulbs per side in the tail-lights :D (but neither them or the front side-lights are LED)

3. Mini-compressor & 'tyre-foam', not a spare wheel (but I know that's getting to be standard practice nowadays)

Attachments

• KN11 RPZ. 1st Picture.JPG
    KN11 RPZ. 1st Picture.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 610
Heres my new beast a T Plate Ford Galaxy 2.3 Automatic, bought it a couple of months ago has 102k on the clock, and just waiting for the money to buy some personalised plates and a DVD/SAT NAV System and she will be all good, amazing to drive and bloody quick

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 566
Ill chuck a couple in here i think, just flicked through the whole thread and there are some really nice motors in here, it seems there is a very close link between those who modified and rode bikes in their youth, to those who now modify and drive cars lol

Daily driver bought last year for £200 looking like this..

IMG-20110411-00114.jpg

IMG-20110413-00116-1.jpg

IMG-20110413-00115-1.jpg

Now looks like..

d8291e7e.jpg

1827795a.jpg

e72a9553.jpg

1c260ef2.jpg

And the plaything, bought around the same time last year, looking like this..

IMG-20110326-00070.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

And now looking like..

antibes3.jpg

antibes10.jpg

antibes7.jpg

antibes6.jpg

Latest posts

Back