its just a mirage...........

just fitted an exage action rear mech and exage trail front, think they compliment eachother fairly well and keep it retro without breaking the bank.....

IMAG1112.jpg

IMAG1113.jpg

and used up the cable outta from my trek 9000 build 2 years ago!

IMAG1119.jpg

gonna clean the wheels and fit a chain later this week and maybe after the swelling :evil: has gone next week, test ride, as long as its still sunny lol

undecided which wheels tho, the ones that came with it or the wheels of the rockhopper? we'll see what spinns and looks best.

its finished, wheels cleaned and fitted, chain on etc, just gotta get a few nice pics and test ride it :D

i understand were your coming from but Ive xt on everything else and these were kinda at hand, got a watch on for a short arm and front mech but no rush at present, looks better built up tho ;)

rek id get carried away and want everything xt in the end lol

hey mate whats the deal withe that heightrite thingemy
does it have a function never seen one before serious question
as ive just got a moulton apb with a really long seatpost just wondering about if that thingy does anything cheers

old school version of a dropper seat post. get to a steep hill, undo the qr, sit down to lower the seat position and tighten back qr, when all good undo qr and saddle lift back to original position

and you ride into the sunset lol

i think these look the nuts and work as good, if not better and lighter than the modern equivalent.

all finished, me nads are still too sore to ride off road so no test as yet, personally i love how its turned out , super happy :D

IMAG1125.jpg

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1126.jpg

final spec is
OE frame and fork inc sakae stem 21.1mm, tange headset and outland bar mated to a kalloy post and mongoose lock on grips. ritchey hiterite, kalloy qr, xt thumbies, cantis levers , deore u2 rear brake exage action rear mech, exage trail front, chainset and hubs. araya iirc rims and spesh ground controls, modern spds and shiney chain.raliegh saddle and green cable outers.13-32 cassette, that needs upgrading to 12-30 if it exists.

:D

Back