• stumpjumper1990's 1992 Scott Pro Racing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yanee71's Yeti DH4 Lawwill

• classen's RekTek

• mauricer's 1990 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

• yetifan.com's 1993 Yeti ARC AS LT (Myles Rockwell)

• mtbdave's 1993 GT RTS-1

• oneschnark's 1992 Grove Hard Core

• Tc's Specialized Stumpjumper

• stefan9113's Slingshot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carge":6wcsvmkl said:
I think it is interesting that a not overly glam British steel bike has beaten off the fancy dan, boutique Fats & Yetis etc.

I would take umbrage with this; I don't believe the Lloyd is 'not overly glam', by British standards it was specifically 'glam' and a little ostentatious (look at the other British high-end, low-unit manufacturers of the same periods paintjobs), and at the same time the Fat and the Yeti (ignoring the Team bike) were not massively boutique in the US, here yes, but not there.

nader":6wcsvmkl said:
It seems to me that the bikes that are out of reach for most, can't win! ...is understandable.

Er, not really, Fats are far more common than the Lloyds, and I have seen numerous Fat framesets for far less than I understand Wadsy paid for his Lloyd.

I'm just psyched that I got 30 votes :shock:

A hearty congratulations to wadsy!! and to all the people who had the cojones to stick it out to the end - despite the exhortations of some to withdraw their entries in light of the arrival of various historically significant bikes.

I don't think Wads will take umbrage - he knows my thoughts on his Lloyd.
;)

Rod_Saetan":2eey4h2k said:
nader":2eey4h2k said:
It seems to me that the bikes that are out of reach for most, can't win! ...is understandable.

Er, not really, Fats are far more common than the Lloyds, and I have seen numerous Fat framesets for far less than I understand Wadsy paid for his Lloyd.

But when is the last time a Fat won this competition? ;)

Good vote this month, and big congrats to Wads; once again, I picked the winner :p :oops:

Carge":2gvip1el said:
OK - I will no doubt get flamed by the FAT Fan Club.....
well I think the FAT Fan Club have always been good to their bikes and they will remain so. ;)

I think it is interesting that a not overly glam British steel bike ...
but it hasn't made the leap across the pond, neither to West nor to East, so it remains an unknown object! :(

I think it is interesting that a not overly glam British steel bike has beaten off the fancy dan, boutique Fats & Yetis etc.
oh yes this is very interesting. We should analyze this fact.
I'm hoping to win the next competitions with my simple and not overly glam bikes (I have enough of it :LOL:)

GoldenEraMTB":2gvip1el said:
..once again, I picked the winner :p :oops:
come on, you've had enough FATs and you know, they are all just the crap :shock: ..but if you sit on it, you want more of it (maybe someone has a YO frameset for me? :LOL::LOL: )

But generally I am in favor of the change BOTM rules a bit. I have no idea how, but I think it can be better and we should discuss it. :?

Rod_Saetan":3ifyd0si said:
Fats are far more common than the Lloyds

I think this bears repeating. I'm startled that there could be a widely-held misconception that a bicycle tig welded in great numbers is more 'boutique' than a Dave Lloyd creation.

Nader":1pziz8ev said:
But generally I am in favor of the change BOTM rules a bit. I have no idea how, but I think it can be better and we should discuss it. :?

What would you like to see changed?

Back