Raleigh Road Ace 531c Frame & Forks

nj_cisca

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Absolutely gutted to have to sell this bike but I have some hideous bills to pay and I've just got back into mountain biking which is proving very costly!

I bought the bike from its one previous owner and it is in very good condition for its age. The bike is all original except for the Cinelli bars and stem which were upgraded by the previous owner. It was only used in the dry so no rust and nothing seized. No dents or dings to frame or forks. Paint is generally very good apart from some scuffs on the seatstay from being placed on a stand. Bar tape is a bit tatty and the tyres have cracks from age but otherwise all the components are in very good nick. No pedals included sorry.

Frame and Forks - Reynolds 531c 54cm
Wheels - SOLD
Groupset - SOLD
Bars - SOLD
Stem - SOLD
Saddle - SOLD
Seatpost - SOLD

All components now sold so just the frame and forks left.
Price dropped to £120.

Drop me a message if you need any more details.
Would consider px for good quality 100mm mtb forks.

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

Nice bike, nice price and good provenance........shouldn't hang around long :D

GLWTS

Shaun

edited to add, since someone mentioned splitting, if you do split I'll take the bars / stem

I'm interested in frame/forks if you split. I think "dibs" is the word. . . I could collect from Newcastle.

Is the 54 centre BB to seat tube top?

What is top tube length?

What is seatpost diameter? [edit: I'm sure it's 27.2mm, the one I have is 27.0mm. I wonder if you'd be kind enough to include it with the frame? I was going to ask for the headset too but I'm guessing Delilah should have it as part of the gruppo ?] :D

I've been researching the Road Ace on tinternet and I'm hoping the short drop brakes (47mm?) are for 700c rims, not 27"?

[edit - looks like a 1987 which would be 700c - sorry for the unneccesary questions!]

Hi guys looks like it would make sense to split if there is seperate interest in the frame and groupset. Will send you both pms now.

Midlife":33cbte9c said:
Nice bike, nice price and good provenance........shouldn't hang around long :D

GLWTS

Shaun

edited to add, since someone mentioned splitting, if you do split I'll take the bars / stem

Duly noted Shaun, will give you first refusal on the bars and stem.
Cheers,
Nick

Hi all, I just sent a PM to Nick to say that the dimensions of the frame are almost but not quite perfect for me so (and I may regret this) I've decided to withdraw my offer on this one.

Apologies for my premature queue-jumping.

Good luck with the sale, Nick.

Back