SYNCROS SEAT POST BRASS CUP WASHER, FORGET THIS.

Vinevo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
After the above, it sits under the head of the bolt, there are two on the seat clamp, on each bolt, but I have one missing.

Hoping someone has a cracked seat mount making the post redundant and would be willing to spare me the brass washer.

Cheers, Ash.

Re: SYNCROS SEAT POST BRASS CUP WASHER

Vinevo":14dkfpv9 said:
After the above, it sits under the head of the bolt, there are two on the seat clamp, on each bolt, but I have one missing.

Hoping someone has a cracked seat mount making the post redundant and would be willing to spare me the brass washer.

Cheers, Ash.
No, rear has the washer, front doesn't, rear seat is dished to fit the washer, front is flat. ;)

Re: SYNCROS SEAT POST BRASS CUP WASHER

Ash......Woldy is correct......but if you do need one I've got a spare...foc of course :D

Wold Ranger":dp1bbw26 said:
Vinevo":dp1bbw26 said:

Cheers, Ash.
No, rear has the washer, front doesn't, rear seat is dished to fit the washer, front is flat. ;)

That's interesting, I have two posts, in that case one of them has an extra brass washer, so instead of needing one I have a spare one it seems! I can't check for a while as they are both being repaired, hopefully successfully, as they both have cracks in.

Cheers guys.

Syncros

I have five or more, inc Ti, all have a single rear washer, using a bevelled washer on the front isn't good, as it will stress the clamp and could come loose.
I used to think the same, as most other brands, Thomson etc., have two.
Hope your sorted now? ;)

Every 2nd through 4th generation Syncros post I've bought has come from the factory with washers on both bolts.

can i clarify, then, the rear uses a bevelled washer, and the front is flat?.....as such i presume the front doesnt need a washer at all then?......

Let me make myself clearer. Every Syncros post (other than 1st gen.) I've bought has come with 2 beveled washers. Every SRP Syncros replacement Ti bolt kit I've bought/seen has come with 2 beveled washers.

5dcb4e0e.jpg

The bolt kit Toronto Cycles (and others) sell has the bevels turned into the shoulders of both bolts instead of beveled brass washers.

SYNCROS_Ti_Seatpost_Bolt_Set_M5x35.jpg

cheers fm....just to make myself clear too, i didnt mean to sound petulent there.....i have been through this with a 1st generation syncros some time ago, i posted here but got no meaningful reply at that time......this prompted me to return to the post and have another look earlier......it would appear the bevelled washer is correctly fitted in the rear of the post head, the front looks flatter and my post doesnt have a washer at this point, merely the flat headed allen bolt in contact with the post.....i can see no immediate problem in this but am willing to listen to sound advice to the contrary..... :D

Thanks for sticking the pics up, that post looks like my two, which I still don't have back yet and won't for sometime. Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news but had you noticed the above post is cracked, by the hole the right bolt is going through?

Back