Yorkshire built 1980's Pavone Road Bike.

Just had a look at turning the brake around and spotted straight away that i would have to buy new brake blocks
and at £15 a pair i'll give it a miss Tel

Just swap the blocks over left on the right and vice versa

Also the the rear section of the brake mounting fits inside the allen key recess
and may cause the bridge to split, so i would have to make new alloy mounting washers. I'll leave it as it is

Ah! This is the tell tale sign that it was not built for the brake to be mounted in reverse. It was just a thought given the cable routing.

Btw that Rolls is lovely! Looks great ;)

Sorry to bore you guys again :roll:

I fitted a rubber chainstay protector on the bike and after just one week the bloody thing was coming off! As i didn't want the chainstay full
of chips from 'chain-slap' i decided to get some chrome gold vinyl and have a bash in making my own protector which looks quite nice,
at first i was going to get some chrome vinyl then changed my mind and opted for the gold stuff to match the gold frame names.

What you think ?

Better

Chainstay protector looks great, as does the rest of it.
This build just keeps getting better and better :cool:
Jamie

Yup liking it. Looks like one of those special edition models from Colnago or someone, y'know the 50th Anniversary model or something.

Been staring at it intently trying to find an area for improvement but alas you have exceeded what my minds eye can see already....

The only suggestion I can make is:

NEEDS THIS:

ICS_Cat_2.jpg

Thanks Jamie ;) Loving this machine even more now :cool:

Tel ? that Campag' kit looks amazing and could/can be easily replicated by buying a gold plating kit !!
They are quite expensive but with the initial hand over of hundreds of pounds you can start to claw back
the money by plating other items of interest and selling them on, but the items have not got to have any scratch's.

Theres a chap on ebay who gold plates his stuff and sells it for mega bucks, he even takes orders too but its expensive :(

Typical high quality kit on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOP-RANGE-DE- ... 350wt_1037

Oh nearly forgot this one !! As we all know us 'retrobikers' have one problem in restoring our bikes !
The chrome on many bolts and washers get really rusted and if you send these parts off to be re-plated
they cost a small fortune, Why not purchase one of these simple chrome plating kits off ebay, i know they work as
i've seen one be used in action, whilst the new chrome plating isn't as robust as 'real chrome' plating the result is outstanding.

How many Campag' brakes have you seen on some nice restored bikes and all the bolts/nots/washers are rusty as hell.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replica-Chrom ... 252wt_1303

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bumped this back up! By mistake if I'm honest, All the Photobucket images where gone, so put them back in using another provider.

Got to admit something though but shamefully this machine hasn't seen the light of day since July 2012, been in the loft ever since.

Re:

Time to get down for a quick spin, if only to make sure nothing has seized up :)
Maybe a few summer rides.
Just realised the date of the previous posts! Time flies.

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":3aqebmr7 said:
Time to get down for a quick spin, if only to make sure nothing has seized up :)
Maybe a few summer rides. Just realised the date of the previous posts! Time flies. Jamie
I went up in the loft at Xmas time last year, sat and looked at my Pavone then and felt sorry for it and then thought...'Have I wasted my time on it' :facepalm:

I should get it down really and give it a go, one day maybe :roll:

Re: Re:

Ian Raleigh":36ghityv said:
Jamiedyer":36ghityv said:
Maybe a few summer rides. Just realised the date of the previous posts! Time flies. Jamie
I went up in the loft at Xmas time last year, sat and looked at my Pavone then and felt sorry for it and then thought...'Have I wasted my time on it' :facepalm:

I should get it down really and give it a go, one day maybe :roll:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6P40wLThbc[/youtube]

Back