HELP Syncros Crank-O-Matic.....am I being retarded?

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I just got some cranks that came the the above mention bolts. I want to get the bolts and housings out of the cranks....are the two little holes for a special tool or am I being a tool? Please help my confused little head

Having spent a good bit of time trying to get some out and not damage them I can totally recommend getting a peg spanner.
I bought the Park Tools one (I'll check the colour it's either red or blue)

Also drop some acetone(propanone) if you don't have any then see if you have nail varnish remover.
It remove the bonding agent used when putting them in (or should have been used, mine had it)
Also it's amazing how much easier the proper tool was than bent spokes, crafted spanners and bars, circlip pliers....

Came out easy.

Oh and the instruction (and the tool colour, pin diameter) is in the archive under syncros instructions.

Well worth 7 quid for the tool when you see how much the things sell for and I can now use it for other things I had avoided buying the tool for.

FluffyChicken":30bv0d9y said:
Having spent a good bit of time trying to get some out and not damage them I can totally recommend getting a peg spanner.

Also drop some acetone(propanone) if you don't have any then see if you have nail varnish remover.
It remove the bonding agent used when putting them in (or should have been used, mine had it)
Also it's amazing how much easier the proper tool was than bent spokes, crafted spanners and bars, circlip pliers....

Came out easy.

Oh and the instruction (and the tool colour, pin diameter) is in the archive under syncros instructions.

Well worth 7 quid for the tool when you see how much the things sell for and I can now use it for other things I had avoided buying the tool for.

Thanks for that matey.....I thought I was just being stupid!

FluffyChicken":3aok3vjg said:

Came out easy.

Thanks for that matey.....I thought I was just being stupid!

Bought a red park pin spanner from good ol' tusty CRC and they came straight out! I fitted them to another bike.... How much these things fetching just out of interest? Anyone know? ;)

Back