'95/96 Rourke 853 - Judy's fitted (p4) 31-05-12

Today was the day that I refitted the RockShox Judy XC's to the Rourke.

I love the simplicity of the Ritchey Logic rigids, and that'll be a fork to ride with on less demanding routes, but the plan was always for the Judys.

So after a very lengthy rebuild session, I finally fitted some sus to the front of my new red beauty...

With red saddle:
Rourke_pt3001.jpg

Rourke_pt3002.jpg

Rourke_pt3003.jpg

Rourke_pt3004.jpg

With Black saddle:

Rourke_pt3005.jpg

Rourke_pt3006.jpg

Rourke_pt3007.jpg

Rourke_pt3008.jpg

It ride fantastic, lght, supple compliant, and all the other buzz words that you can think of,,,, :roll: I'm truly happy with a build for the first time in a long long time.

Come and see it at Mayhem this year.. :cool:

GT-Steve":2cviro4s said:
Having fully completed the build today, I can report back that the ride is truly awesome for me... :cool: :cool: and that was only a couple of miles..

You just 'know' when it's right :cool:

I have my sights set on having a new Rourke frame built late this year. Having spoken to Jason at the Bristol show, and looked at the stunning workmanship on all of their bikes, I think they are a very underrepresented company around these part.

..and the little touches make all the difference - you might just be able to make out in the top picture, up there^^^^ that the seat-stays fold around the front of the seat-tube (where it joins to the top-tube)...

I keep looking at it.... :oops: :LOL:

GT-Steve":3ro2o422 said:
..and the little touches make all the difference - you might just be able to make out in the top picture, up there^^^^ that the seat-stays fold around the front of the seat-tube (where it joins to the top-tube).

That's one of their tell tale features. You should see the top of the range racer in matt black, it's awesome :shock:

Thats a lovely bike you've done there - it just looks so right.

I normally want to like coloured saddles but I don't think I've ever seen a bike where they look good, certainly black always looks the best. However, I think the red Flite looks as good as the black one on this bike, seems to be well balanced in colour with it.

SO is there a "magic" to UK steel then you think?

benbonty":3gh2dfnf said:
This bike just keeps on getting better matey, superb job!

Thanks fella, and lets not forget it was inspired in some small part by your Salsa.. :cool:

Rob Atkin":3gh2dfnf said:
Thats a lovely bike you've done there - it just looks so right.

I normally want to like coloured saddles but I don't think I've ever seen a bike where they look good, certainly black always looks the best. However, I think the red Flite looks as good as the black one on this bike, seems to be well balanced in colour with it.

SO is there a "magic" to UK steel then you think?

Thanks Rob.

I'm the same, I think both the red and the black saddles work equally well on the bike, so I'll use them dependant 100% on my mood.. :LOL:

Hard to comment on ay kind of magic. I've ridden steel a lot, but never 853. Whether tis feels any better is totally subjective (and maybe even in my head) but it certainly seems to have a nicer 'feel' about it..

Tricky to put into words really.

thats a real beauty. Agree with the black flite..saddle should always match the grips.

I wonder what chrome plated judy's would look like...

Back