Specialized FSR Elite full suspension mountain bike - Durham

snakeysnuggles

Retro Newbie
I was recommended this site by a friend after putting the bike on another bike forum.

Specialized FSR Elite (199:cool:

Frame size: Medium (fits approximately 5ft 6” to 6ft)
Front forks: Manitou X-vert Dual crown 140mm
Rear shock: Fox Vanilla R
Brakes: Hayes hydraulic discs
Rims and hubs: Mavic DS21 DH rims on Specialized stout hubs
Tyres: See photos, but other tyre options available

Additional:
XT front and rear mechs
Specialized grips, saddle and headset

This bike was bought by ourselves in about 2001 and use for mountain biking, although has been in the loft for the last couple of years. I have taken it out riding and it is all running smoothly. It was originally used as a team Downhill bike and so could be suitable for someone wanting to get into that or simply for someone wanting a good quality full suspension bike.

Any additional photos simply ask. The bike has been used but is in good condition as can been seen.

Viewing welcome, offers considered. Bike is located 5 mins from Durham City.

Attachments

• DSCF2067.JPG
    DSCF2067.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 3,731
  • DSCF2069.JPG
    DSCF2069.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 3,731
  • DSCF2071.JPG
    DSCF2071.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 3,731
  • DSCF2073.JPG
    DSCF2073.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 3,731
  • DSCF2077.JPG
    DSCF2077.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 3,731
  • DSCF2079.JPG
    DSCF2079.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 3,731
  • DSCF2076.JPG
    DSCF2076.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 3,731
a lovely example and superb frame condition!
would love to have 2 of these :) (but i can't :( )

good luck with the sale!

that rear disc adapter would fetch you a pretty penny sold separately as well! ;) just saying :p

Oops, I forgot to add a price....now I am curious since I couldn't guess at all what to put it as...

Explain about the parts? Never thought of selling parts seperately? What would a good reccomodation for the bike be or the parts you mentioned?

Ta

snakeysnuggles":40ex1jzg said:
Oops, I forgot to add a price....now I am curious since I couldn't guess at all what to put it as...

Explain about the parts? Never thought of selling parts seperately? What would a good reccomodation for the bike be or the parts you mentioned?

Ta

Very nice Speccy :D if your unsure of how much to ask for it use the 'How much is my XYZ' thread

Or sadly you can break the bike into parts and sell individual items (often nets you more $$$$$)

Either way you need a price or the thread will be locked by the mods.

Once again very nice bike :) and good luck with the sale.

Hello, thanks it is amazing...just too many bikes so some will have to go!
Lot of interest in it, including accepting 2 offers to courier...sadly neither of which paid or kept in touch. Very odd but early days!

Back