My 'new' Peugeot

Yes I've been watching 2cv prices recently as my daughter wants one as her first car (she's still only 11 though). I guess that old car charm costs - its the same with Minis and Beetles. I've got a 1275GT in the garage but am very partial to Gallic autos too!

Oh and forgot to add, I see that you are from Montpellier - have had some wonderful holidays down that way including my first ever trip to France in 1980 with my parents in a Morris Minor Traveller, ended up at the camp site next to Lac Salagou near Clermont L'Herault. A beautiful part of France and memories of very happy days.

You have a good memory! There's still a big campsite at the lake, probably the same one. It's a great area for cycling, but you knew that already.

My wife has a red '93 Mini Cooper (one of the last originals) with a whacking great Union Jack on the roof and loud exhausts... She's French but loves tearing round in that, and wouldn't be seen dead in a 2CV!

It's a great area for driving as well - I can imagine razzing round in a Cooper (I had a '92 Cooper also in red about 10 years ago and always regret selling it). I remember a fantastic road up to St Guilhem Le Desert. Would love to get back there sometime - this time avec mon Peugeot!

You'd want more than 5 gears for the St Guilhem road! It's a lovely meander along the Herault river though.

Or a terrifying white-knuckle ride if you're sat next to my wife double de-clutching at each corner in her Cooper... :shock:

I hope she left foot brakes as well...

Maybe I'll leave the Peugeot and bring the GT instead then, although that's only got 4 gears. Hmm.

Back