Kili Wot #2 - FINALLY!! A finished build photo!!

So what colour Saracen decals do I go with??

• Black

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • White

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Hmmm, beginning to wonder if I let my hair grow would I find I was a natural Blonde!! :?

I have a very nice band-on LX mech for this but the band is too big; I have another couple in my box of bits that I can check but I saw this and for some misbegotten reason assumed it would do the job - so I bought two, one for SWMBO's Stumpy as well...

...needless to say it won't! DOH! :oops:

Then, to add insult to injury, I bought some of these without thinking to check what size they are only to find they're M10 when I need M8...

...Double DOH! :oops:

So, if either are any good to anyone drop me a PM and I'll bung 'em in the Post to you, cos I ain't never going to use 'em... :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Working in Eastbourne today I had a couple of hours to kill, so I slunk home, stripped the bike and dropped frame and replacement P2 fork off at the powder coaters' for its bright red facelift...

...now the waiting begins, because there was a set of alloys, a Fizzie frame and a very old (1930's?) cycle frame, fork and wheels in the queue ahead of mine :?

I went to Argos in Bristol the other day. You want to see the rack of finished / waiting items there....mmmmmmmmm.

Watching this thread with interest.

Looking good !! I shouldn't have looked at your planned build.. The red jockeys/red chainring bolts with the black look the biz !!
It's made my urge to add colour highlights really strong :)
Glad the wheels fit nicely ..

Can't wait to see it :)

Ye'eeeeeeesss... got the red ano. self-extracting crank bolts in there too now; just as well I'd already gone down the red ano. route or I'd have had frame and fork powder coated flouro' pink! (The P2 that's going to hang off it is the one I sprayed flouro' pink for my original cro-mega and I really, really thought about it :LOL: )

Couldn't be arsed to scrap the red ano. in favour of pink though, so red paint it is... :roll:

Got a phone call from the powder coaters whilst I was working in Hailsham yesterday to say my frame was ready; much earlier than expected! :D

As luck would have it I had a job lined up in Eastbourne, so...

P5290470.jpg

..............................................................................red it is :cool:

Okaaaaaay...

...bit of a quandry here :?

I was going to apply the same white Saracen decals as gil made for my blue Wot, but the blue bike was about class and understatement whereas there's not really anything even remotely understated about a red bike! :cool:

The finished build this time will be all red and black, with a sprinkling of red ano. (similar to the blue on the first Wot) so now I'm thinking that black decals may be more suitable?? :?

...or not?? :roll:

Therefore I've added a poll to my build thread and if enough people vote to give me a conclusive result I'll go with the popular choice...

...help me out here, I'm losing sleep over this!

Back