X - Lite Titanium Pro / Trimmel Forks **Pic Update 28/06**

X-Lite Fork Decals or Bare Forks??

• Decals as per the 1997 catalogue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No decals...naked legs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forgot to say - lovely bike! Always loved these forks and the frames are well finished and solid and the perfect compliment to the funky forks.

A guy I worked with many moons in the bike trade ago build a Kona Hei Hei with a set of these forks and a polished XTR group. Just looked fantastic.

In this Jubilee year surely the only option is to build with red silver and blue X-lite parts, hope hubs, middleburns and Sachs parts (well, by rights Germany should be part of the Colonies after their failure in 'International Unpleasantness' I and II, and the Queen's part German anyway...)

Hmm...

I've a 27.2 X lite Metal Matrix post, I wasn't looking to sell it, but it would match that frame beautifully...

You can get shims the right size off e-bay...

PM me if you're interested in doing a deal.

Obtained:

ZE Seatpost Silver (needs a shim 26.4-28.6)
NOS enduro stubbies in red
Red Chainring bolts

Piece by piece the RB community are building my bike, much appreciated :D

Bars...

The bars are straight in shape and straight gauge Titanium. 22.2mm diameter.
I have a pair, but unfortunately they're in my X-Lite forks that I won from Rex (Trimnell) after a gentleman's bet, and they're simply worth too much to me purely for the memories they bring back. (For those who might not know, Rex was the founder of X-Lite, and passed away in 2004 - I still miss the grumpy bugger).

What I can suggest though is that you might be able to source a length of 22.2mm tube from Enigma bikes. As they have quite handy stocks of odd lengths of Ti kicking around. There is also a company called Dynamic Metals who hold stocks of Grade 9 (3AL2.5V) in the UK, though I've no idea on the sizes they stock.

Also... I'm pretty sure that I have, somewhere, a red 28.6 X-Lite post (probably pink by now). I'm away in Italy at Colnago for a few days, but when I get back I'll have a dig around. If I still have it, it's yours.

--
Smiffy

Great bit of info and much appreciated, thanks. Drop me a PM when you are back and I'll sort things out with you :D

Intrigued by the gentlemans bet ;)

Back