Another Klunker build

I got some of the parts sorted out today. I stripped the old ano off a pair of Ukai rims and sanded them and polished some other parts.
IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

Love to see these old builds step by step. Fosters a DIY attitude and often inspiring others to try some wrenching they would otherwise shy away from.

So much shiny goodness and really clever downhome engineering

I particularly love the use of a spatula!

Going to be absolutely superb!

The frame is out for paint and I have most of the parts prepared. I just need a proper handlebar. I plan to try my hand at acid etching a custom headbadge. I purchased a sheet of scrap aluminum for $4 bucks and I will use it to make the headbadges. I also have plans for some custom decals.
IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6806.jpg

Headbadge.jpg

Head badge looks like a real challenge!

But judging by your efforts so far you'll do a fine job

Really loving the have a go and get it done ethic here

This is fantastic stuff. I tip my hat to you Sir, you have a real can-do attitude. I would love to build a klunker, there is a great appeal in the challenge of building a bike without the luxury of off the shelf parts and just having to make things work.

Definitely tuning in to this one.

I tried acid etching a headbadge on copper. It came out pretty good. I specifically wanted it to look old because it is going on an old bike. I etched it and then used krylon semi-gloss black. I then wet sanded the paint off the raised areas for contrast. Then I sprayed on an enamel tarnish shield which gave it the cracked paint look and patina to the copper. I will keep experimenting but this one looks ok. Next time I will add some citric acid to the PCB etch solution for a deeper etch.
IMG_6919.jpg

Back