Bridgestone MB1 score! Updated Pics 05-29-12

Update on the MB1...

Well, I did it. Rather than touch up the frames 22+ years of paint scuffs & scratches one by one...

I took the bike apart and have sent her off for repaint by a local highly recommended source.

The frame should take approx 2 months to be complete and I can't wait to see the final product!

I'll try to be patient with the rebuild and actually take pics of the frame and final build up once the frame is back in my hands!

Ben :D

Nice rescue story. Imagine if it ended up in goodwill and then it got turned into a bottle collector? Good to see her running on the trails she was made for.

Re: Update on the MB1...

BensterSD":2arp3j4k said:
Well, I did it. Rather than touch up the frames 22+ years of paint scuffs & scratches one by one...

I took the bike apart and have sent her off for repaint by a local highly recommended source.

The frame should take approx 2 months to be complete and I can't wait to see the final product!

I'll try to be patient with the rebuild and actually take pics of the frame and final build up once the frame is back in my hands!

Ben :D

Are you going to paint using the same layout?

klasse":4pjwgegv said:
very nice score! What size is it?

Let me know when you guys plan to do a ride and I will drive down.

Thanks Klasse!

The size is 19".

Next planned "group" ride is Keyesville Classic! I have registered to be there (for the first time :) ) and hopefully bringing the MB1 to race. That is if its back from paint in another 3 weeks. One week before Keyesville! I may decide to ride my 93 Zaskar anyway... I have a feeling I won't want to race the MB1 once complete :roll:

Yep, sticking to the original scheme. All OG.

Ben

Some teaser pics from the painter... Just 1 more week!

Attachments

• 05-07-12 Repaint 1st Pics 2.jpg
    05-07-12 Repaint 1st Pics 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 727
Starting to come together nicely!

Some issues installing the race from the CK headset onto the fork... :x

Should have left the headset install to a pro!

Attachments

• 05-28-12 update 1.jpg
    05-28-12 update 1.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 669
Back