New season..its nearly here!

They should do it like in the USA. 1 make of tyres, 1 make of engine, one make of chassis, No carbon brakes.
So its more affordable, And down to set up and the driver :D

cchris2lou":1psrhal6 said:
I dont see the point in F1 , it is so boring it is unreal .
Do F1 drivers actually drive or the car computer does it for them ??

I am like Cherrybomb , i much prefer the Dakar and WRC .

Well for starters, Traction Control, Launch Control etc is banned this year. But if you think driving a F1 car is easy think again. I drove a 5 year old F2 car few years back around Donnington and I ached for days. Mindblowingly physical and 110% concentration just to get the bastard rolling out the pits. I have a massive amount of respect for those guys.

And as for the WRC, its a joke. Those cars are the ones that drive themselves. Absolutely souless and lacking in any kind of magic. Don't get me wrong- I worked in the WRC for several years and the state of the sport breaks my heart, but its a very pale imitation of what it was and could be. Back in my day there were several manufacturers and it was almost impossible to predict who would win with the first 15-20 drivers being capable of victory. Its been a two horse race for years now. Very sad indeed.

So I'm affraid its Historic Rallying for me now. Will be hammering through Sherwood forest with the likes of Blomqvist and Jimmy McRae next weekend. Bring it on!

S

Well said there Dr S...Did you guys see top gear when the hamster took a F1 car out, he could hardly drive it, and that was 1 with driver aids :!:
And to do this @ race speeds, they need to be super human.

Tony......Don't they just go round in circles in the USA :?: :roll:

Dr S":1ijkiy6n said:
MadCowKev":1ijkiy6n said:
Be interesting to see how the Alonso/Piquet Jnr relationship develops at Renault. Nelson Piquet was a great driver!

BMW could spring a suprise or two - huge resources!

Half right there Kev.

BMW will be the suprise of the season, very close last year and they will close the gap again this year to the big two. Kubica is going to be a dark horse this year.

Piquet on the other hand is there because of PR and Daddies pennies. Sure he can drive but he doesn't have the hunger for it- silver spoon springs to mind.:

thats exactly what i think will interesting. Alonso being a highly paid and skilled driver alongside someone who effectively paid for his drive. Could be fireworks - can't wait. If Piquet Jnr is like his dad he won't listen to "team orders" for sure.

My dad worked in F1 fro 10 years - so I know a little about the politics ;)

from the last few years , how many different winners in F1 ?

and actually how many overtakings ? ( real ones , not just Ferrari and Mc laren lapping everybody else ) .

Best drivers ? I dont think so , richest probably , as you need a lot of money to get a drive . Off course they are good drivers but certainly not the best with a few exceptions ( M Shumacher , Sena , prost etc... ) .

I watch all kind of sports on TV ( even cricket :LOL: ) , but I am struggling with F1 .

it is probably more interesting if you are a petrolhead and enjoy the mechanical side of it .

cchris2lou":12nwn617 said:
from the last few years , how many different winners in F1 ?

and actually how many overtakings ? ( real ones , not just Ferrari and Mc laren lapping everybody else ) .

Best drivers ? I dont think so , richest probably , as you need a lot of money to get a drive . Off course they are good drivers but certainly not the best with a few exceptions ( M Shumacher , Sena , prost etc... ) .

I watch all kind of sports on TV ( even cricket :LOL: ) , but I am struggling with F1 .

it is probably more interesting if you are a petrolhead and enjoy the mechanical side of it .

You are probably right Chris. The races from a pure sporting point are a little tiresome to watch. But its the strategy, politics, bitching, rivalry, the $100 million fines, skulduggery and Kylie in Melbourne etc that make it so damn watchable. I tend to watch the start and first few laps then potter of into the garden for a hour before watching the end. Its all the stuff that goes with F1, the before and after stuff that gets me going.

heathy":2ahtop3a said:
Tony......Don't they just go round in circles in the USA :?: :roll:

difference.jpg

Nuff said. ;)

Harryburgundy":1pzwwa6l said:
cchris2lou":1pzwwa6l said:
I dont see the point in F1 , it is so boring it is unreal .
Do F1 drivers actually drive or the car computer does it for them ??

I am like Cherrybomb , i much prefer the Dakar and WRC .

:shock: Blimey, I'm actually speechless :!: I mean, who do you think controls all those dials on the steering wheel, just how much g force do drivers experience for up to 2 hours..and...and ..and...oh I give up :!:
insert...shaking head smilie. :LOL:

I have no doubt that F1 drivers are highly skilled and can do something that I would never have the ability to achieve.

However plasterers are highly skilled too, but I wouldn't want to spent the afternoon watching someone skim a wall either. ;)
:D

Back