25th anniversary of 1st MTB World Championsphip in France

Re: Was there !

albatros38":wmnf73rb said:
north east shaun":wmnf73rb said:
I was there in '87. Went over with the British Mountain Bike Team. Only just found out about all of this. Gonna make damn sure I get over there for this event. Would love to hear from any of the original team and also members of the Muddy Fox Team who were there as well.

Do you know Julia King ?

Is this relevant to the event or a personal request..? :p ;)

elPedro666":zh4yhoo3 said:
albatros38":zh4yhoo3 said:
north east shaun":zh4yhoo3 said:
I was there in '87. Went over with the British Mountain Bike Team. Only just found out about all of this. Gonna make damn sure I get over there for this event. Would love to hear from any of the original team and also members of the Muddy Fox Team who were there as well.

Do you know Julia King ?

Is this relevant to the event or a personal request..? :p ;)

Only for the event ;)

albatros38":8e1lnlbo said:
Do you know Julia King ?

I raced on the Fisher UK team with her for a few months in 1988. Greg Oxenham, the owner of that team, might still be in contact with her. I will ask him.

Also, have you been in touch with Garot? And how about Heinie Albrecht and Chester Fabricius who started the Alpi Cup, which became the Grundig Challenge, which became the UCI MTB World Cup? Have you been in touch with them?

I only just learned about this event. Hope to be able to get there for it. I used to write the international MTB race reports for Cycling Weekly and VeloNews, as well as some for Tutto Mountain Bike and Bici Da Montagne.

Paul Skilbeck

Hello,

Nice to read you !
We've not been in touch with us. Thanks for transferring informations about the event ;)
Great if you can come, and feel free for any support.

Regards

This week-end was a dream : Jacky Phelan, Gary Fisher, Jo Breeze, Scot Nicol… were there ! :cool: :cool:
A big exhibition with 100 beautiful bikes, and some nice rides in the Alps…
:cool: :cool:

But, where were the Retrobike members ?
:roll:

24pouces":12qa9qhx said:
This week-end was a dream : Jacky Phelan, Gary Fisher, Jo Breeze, Scot Nicol… were there ! :cool: :cool:
A big exhibition with 100 beautiful bikes, and some nice rides in the Alps…
:cool: :cool:
But, where were the Retrobike members ?
:roll:
do you have some pics?

Back