Kona 'The King'

Well this was sooo close for getting the chop. I'd my eye on the new Cotic Solaris and the KK was going to help fund it. Once again a Kona has got its claws into me. I used it over the weekend at 10 under the Ben and I reckon it helped me no end. I've now decided to keep it and continue with weight weenieing. I committed the cardinal sin of fitting bar ends to risers :oops: but the race number covered it up rather nicely :) , The forks seems to have blown a seal so a rebuild is on the cards. Whilst I'm at it I may as well strip the full bike to itemise the weights. I also think I'll try some kind off tubeless set up.

If you see any boat anchors jumping out post away :)

7279254332_4eb58254d4_b.jpg

unkleGsif":3554uyji said:
kaiser":3554uyji said:
If you see any boat anchors jumping out post away :)

30g easy in the bar ends for a start ;)

G

I've been eyeing up some new ones, you can go very light for not much ££ at all.

superstu":2x6fz6i3 said:
Ha ha ha!
Grips look massive but I guess you like ergo sets?

I've got on well with the ergo ones but will be changing these out. I stuck them on for a bit of comfort, the old ones were miserable. I've got 2 pairs of ESI silicon grips waiting to go on other bikes. These have been getting very good write ups in the comfort and weight stakes. All being well a piar will be going on this too :)

Back