Hope C2 Help

dyna-ti":2ht5un45 said:
nathb":2ht5un45 said:
Wow thank you!!

I'm confused now. 165mm vs 155mm

Looks as if I'm going to have to pull it off and measure it when I get a chance :)

find one of each[+ I have both :LOL: ] Just in case the 155 doesnt fit and its a later/earlier/special/weird model
If you onlyh have a 165mm and it is too big then your completely stuffed and be needing a 155mm
However,if its the 155mm you have and it turns out to need larger,you can at least still set it all up for spacing.

which hub is this going with :?
It was really only the 5 bolt spiders that came with that damned troublesome+5mm[ 155mm /165mm/185m/205mm etc]The later 6 bolt for the most part are 160mm/180mm/200mm etc

Its not as confusing as it sounds,im just rubbish at explaining things and go into too much detail :oops:
Keep us updated and we'll keep the helpful hints coming ;)

No problem, thanks for all the help!

Well the Number 5 is 145mm rear, correct? :oops:

So my choices are (if the rear disc does come back at 155mm),

1) Invest in a 145mm disc or;
2) Invest in a 165mm disc and +20mm adapter?

I'm thinking option 2 so far.

But then also a kind member has, potentially, offered to swap my Number 5 for a number 3, so I would just need a 165mm disc then.

I'm sure someone asked me what hub I have, it's a Hope one:
WP_000018.jpg

WP_000010.jpg

Makes a rather loud noise when not pedalling. :roll:

Makes a great noise and a British noise too ;) none of yer buzzing bees that sound absolutely nothing like a bee a wasp or even a hornet.

The hub in your pic is a ti-glide.So named from the 6/4 titanium middle section on these models.

Cant much help on a 145mm as ive never used one that small.mostly its No3 & 5's with the odd No2 and the occasional No4 so im usually looking at a 185mmF/165[or155mm] on the rear
Cant really offer advice on anything other.Best wait for another answer though i feel very alone here :? and to think how many sets are kicking around on here.

I do have a 130mm rotor in 5 bolt but i havent got a clue where the hell that size goes :shock:

Heres one of my current bolt on adaptors.[on a santa cruz tazmon]
Its different in that although it uses the exact same short axle,dummy dropout,xl skewer and endnut it leaves you with an IS mount.A better set up as it allows any calliper to be used old of modern.

Attachments

• disc mount 001 (Large).JPG
    disc mount 001 (Large).JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,731
  • Disc brake frame adaptor 004 (Large).JPG
    Disc brake frame adaptor 004 (Large).JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 1,730
Thank you very much!

Really appreciate the help!!

That bike looks very nice indeed!

May have to speak to the good people at merlin, see what they recommend.

What you have there is a fairly rare torsion beam setup.

I would imagine if you advertised the torsion beam, caliper 5 bolt disc and rear wheel complete on here many would bite your arm off.

These parts are all pretty rare now (especially the axle end caps etc) and the best way to put a period correct disc on a retro frame. The set gets split up and each bit is pretty useless without the rest.

You can then buy a new rear wheel with 6-bolt fixing, Shimano hubs are much quieter (if you prefer that) and fit the cheaper to buy 6 bolt discs.

Thanks!

My current thoughts are either to just buy a frame that is V brake and Disc compatible so I can straight transfer everything over or sell up and start again.

I've just been looking at a Ribble R4, struggling to find reviews though. :roll:

was8v":18qkvmtq said:
What you have there is a fairly rare torsion beam setup.

I would imagine if you advertised the torsion beam, caliper 4 bolt disc and rear wheel complete on here many would bite your arm off.

These parts are all pretty rare now (especially the axle end caps etc) and the best way to put a period correct disc on a retro frame. The set gets split up and each bit is pretty useless without the rest.

You can then buy a new rear wheel with 6-bolt fixing, Shimano hubs are much quieter (if you prefer that) and fit the cheaper to buy 6 bolt discs.

This is my 3rd and last,and its not leaving me ever ;)

Im using the ti glide and sus as i got the ti glide and both rims new about a year ago.By my reckoning i have 10 years of wear in them before i need to change.At the mo due to my shocking unfitness and evil ciggie habit the wheels have done under 200 miles
(on my Ti bike that is]
The tazmon hubs are nos bulbs, laced to new modern rims,a bit faded but given their life expectancy i think theyre doing rather well.
Eventually ill swop them out for something modern.Maybe red pro2's or those incredibly gorgeous pearlessence Royce disc hubs.

nathb":u04last6 said:
My entire bike was only £220 last year.

Did I get a good deal? :oops:

Guys this is a little off topic but any opinions on this: http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/mtb-bm ... IBBFRAM200

Just need something to last a year, see how much I get into biking etc then I can justify spending some serious money on bikes.

Thats just a mass produced chunk of alloy :? You could find the same thing 1/2 price if you try to pick p a bottom range modern kona or specialized frame.Always folk on ebay looking to swop out for a bigger/better/etc frame :?

dyna-ti":3f9sgrvs said:
nathb":3f9sgrvs said:
My entire bike was only £220 last year.

Did I get a good deal? :oops:

Guys this is a little off topic but any opinions on this: http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/mtb-bm ... IBBFRAM200

Just need something to last a year, see how much I get into biking etc then I can justify spending some serious money on bikes.

Thats just a mass produced chunk of alloy :? You could find the same thing 1/2 price if you try to pick p a bottom range modern kona or specialized frame.Always folk on ebay looking to swop out for a bigger/better/etc frame :?

Been checking here and ebay daily for the last week and not found anything. :(

That one seems to suit all my requirements.

Back