Retrobike National Series Rd 3: Surrey Hills ~ Aftermath

Rob Atkin":2l31lpyi said:
Finally arrived home at 11pm in Yorkshireland after a 4.5hr drive back. I ache all over - chest is bruised, forearms are wrecked after that bad crash 100ft from the car park at the end. I was very worried when it happened as u was in loads of pain but it turned out ok.

Really enjoyed the route, cos I'm better uphill the short sharp ones were ok and the singletrack was very good indeed.

Thanks very much for a great ride all that were involved - now I just have to find a way to lie in bed without being in agony from the lack of skin on my arms. :-/ :-D

glad you are ok. i arrived on the scene just after it happened. blimey - that was a long day for you !

rc200ti":1dbda8v2 said:
Thanks to all for a dry, dusty day's riding. A great route with terrific sections both morning and afternoon.
There was a prize-category missed, 'dismount of the year', shortly before Gruff's tumble.
The pub garden was perfect.
Not easy to keep 45 (?) riders together in forested singletrack, people have gone astray in the Forest of Dean, and Cannock (for Heaven's sake)..so very very well done.
:D
yes, that was my mate, he had to leave early and when i saw him in the evening he asked if he had won anything for that. i gave him a pair of my daughter's ballet shoes :D

trickylad":29f6whxz said:
also as a relative newbie (1 previous ride) i have to disagree ! the trails we were taken on were outstanding, both before and after lunch. therefore i can only assume that the beer played a significant part in your conclusions of this ride. nothing wrong with that at all, as long as you go home with fond memories.

My ability to write jokes is clearly as bad as my car key management. (I didn't get to ride the first half because frankly I'm a lemon)

Chalked it up to experience and still really enjoyed it.

lol, i have now worked out who you are. the guy on the epic s'works. :?
sorry about your bad luck . i shall , in future, know that there is no such thing as bad criticism on here , only sarcastic wit. my apologies for also being 'a lemon' :LOL:

" Cresting one of the trickier drops of the day just in time to see Hilts take a lie down at the bottom. "

Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint.... :)

I figured I was good for atleast one unintentional dismount...

Wasn't figuring on acting as someone elses crashmat when they went over the bars into my back though :shock:

Great day out. Good to see a few old friends and get some rays.

Shame the TDiscs don't come in 29er size :sad:

JustKev":144336gw said:
Great day out. Good to see a few old friends and get some rays.

Shame the TDiscs don't come in 29er size :sad:

Time to buy a 96er :cool:

Gruff":2pbszlqd said:
Another great Retrobike National ride :D
Great single track, espcially the last downhill to the carpark.

Thanks go to all the orgainisers plus special mention to Max for keeping me going on the long climbs :)

Also thanks to Rob Atkin & Drystone Paul for the advice on my neck after the small incident at the bombhole :LOL:

Can't wait for Mayhem :)

You feeling ok today mate? It's a nasty thing to do.... I had a HUGE crash at the end which no-one saw and my body is wrecked - LH shoulder doesn't work, no skin on forearms, and my chest looks like I've had a heart bypass operations..... all good fun though!

Attachments

• retro riders telegraph road may 27th 2012.png
    retro riders telegraph road may 27th 2012.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,412
  • qrcode (1).png
    qrcode (1).png
    1.2 KB · Views: 1,356
Back