Superconflex Colnago Master

Hey guys just seen this thread regarding my engraved cranks.

I take onboard your comments for sure and have had my concerns that once an item has been purchased from me it could be sold on as an original piece. I can only imagine that that would or could happen with the C-Record as no other cranks of that generation or newer were engraved.

The new parts that I debadge and have engraved is to try to recapture the beauty of the old C-Record era of parts and I personally really like the finished product and y'know it's different from whats available enmass.

I have had quite a few cranks pass through my hands and always thought it a shame when they were really tatty. A polish got them looking good again but alas then they were missing the logo. I did experiment with laser etching which I wasn't particularly impressed with and without an anodising to protect it just polished straight off with some autosol! Not good.

The engraving process is not cheap and I have to invest quite a bit of money at a time so although they appear to be dear I do try to keep the price realistic.

Does it devalue it? Again I had considered that I hope not but they will never have the market value of original limited production parts. I guess it's a bit like the old sit up and beg Ford Populars - original or hot rod? Either one can look great....

Appreciate your concerns and feedback. I am honest and am not looking to rip anyone off and as a result of this thread I'll take some action to mark my engraved cranks to show they are my work and not originals i.e stamp the back with something.

BTW lovely Colnago!!!

Tel":2wks3wjw said:
Hey guys just seen this thread regarding my engraved cranks.

I take onboard your comments for sure and have had my concerns that once an item has been purchased from me it could be sold on as an original piece. I can only imagine that that would or could happen with the C-Record as no other cranks of that generation or newer were engraved.

The new parts that I debadge and have engraved is to try to recapture the beauty of the old C-Record era of parts and I personally really like the finished product and y'know it's different from whats available enmass.

I have had quite a few cranks pass through my hands and always thought it a shame when they were really tatty. A polish got them looking good again but alas then they were missing the logo. I did experiment with laser etching which I wasn't particularly impressed with and without an anodising to protect it just polished straight off with some autosol! Not good.

The engraving process is not cheap and I have to invest quite a bit of money at a time so although they appear to be dear I do try to keep the price realistic.

Does it devalue it? Again I had considered that I hope not but they will never have the market value of original limited production parts. I guess it's a bit like the old sit up and beg Ford Populars - original or hot rod? Either one can look great....

Appreciate your concerns and feedback. I am honest and am not looking to rip anyone off and as a result of this thread I'll take some action to mark my engraved cranks to show they are my work and not originals i.e stamp the back with something.

BTW lovely Colnago!!!

Tel
Thanks for taking the time & trouble to explain & the fact that you will now mark the items you engrave in some way to show that they are not original 1st generation can only be a very good thing & serve to keep the genuine 1st edition items at the prices that reflect their rarity. I assume it’s only the rear gear, seat pin & the cranks that you get asked to do?
Hopefully to finally put this story to bed what comes over is that we have a very HONEST trader who is willing to stand up & be counted, & that in this day & age people is a very rare thing.
Good on you Tel.

pheww, that's another beautiful bike. I hope you have all those classic machines hanging like paintings in your living room so you can enjoy.

a fantastic era :)

Hi

It's the green a black one, long sleeved, I'll have a dig and see if I still have it,
may look good in a frame hanging over your exquisite steed

saarf":3vva23ua said:
Hi

It's the green a black one, long sleeved, I'll have a dig and see if I still have it,
may look good in a frame hanging over your exquisite steed

Hay man thats great THANK YOU, I will now have to look for a La Vie Clare look Jersey
Thanks
Chris

Back