Skedaddle Montana cruiser

konafan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this very recently of Charlieboy28 on here as was looking for a little cruiser runabout for a friend.
She had very set ideas on what she wanted and the Schwinn klunker style was on the list, and it wwas advertised as needing minimal work to finish which was indeed very true.A bargain.Thanks again Charlie!

All I've done since delivery is popped a set of Schwalbe Fat Franks on which suit the bike and have transformed it's look instantly!!.
Oh and the Electra leopard fur grips. (matching leopard Electra saddle to follow probably).
On the way from Germany is a set of chrome ducktailed mudguards, and a pair of Italian skirt protectors.
Also thinking of a set of new retro led bullet lights (LIIX style etc).

Pics....

Photo0099.jpg

Photo0100.jpg

Will update when new bits get bolted on....

:D

Cheers!
ha! was it the ebay one?
I dug a little online and these are quite thin on the ground. I read that the company warehouse was destroyed in a fire and a warehouse of goodies in Wales was all that was left at time of writing.

It's not a particularly special steed in terms of frame tubing or parts but is such a pleasure to bomb about on it exudes tonnes of character!

I really wanted to fit a "tank" to the top tube, well in the gap between it and the curved tubes but apparently these won't fit. :cry: >>
http://classic-cycle.de/index.php?c...tank&lang=1&&listtype=search&searchparam=tank

Hoping the chrome guards add a little more Schwinn to the look soon! [/url]

Thinking of these to replace the V levers that are on it at the moment, for a more period look....just got to find some.

12610.jpg

It certainly does have character. Your tyre choice was perfect.

Edit: i see it has some gears, i thought it was a singly. Bit more practicable i guess.

Cheers!

Those levers aren't V specific I've discovered. hmm...

Does anybody know if 1/2" axle pedals can be made to fit where 9/16" ones belong? (Having thoughts on pedals and seen some 30's teardrop shaped beauties!)

cyfa2809":2e9rpzbq said:
How are you going to fit them?

Oh and what about a green chain?

:shock: er don't scare me.... I was led to believe 1/2" pedals will be ok on these 1/2" cranks.... hopefully??

**Sorry I originally thought they were 9/16" cranks but luckily are 1/2"!! :LOL:

I thought also about that coloured chain, but it's a six speed, I thought they didn't do coloured chains for multispeed bikes (presumably due to colour coming on when you shift?)

Back