15th Anniversary (1996) Rocky Mountain Blizzard

RockiMtn":2p73rb3v said:
claret73":2p73rb3v said:
See you're gong for your Hallmark eclectic mix build

is that a fancy/nice way of saying my builds are a "mish-mash"??? :? :lol

white perf flite saddle… thoughts?

Uh! Oh! Do I need one of these :oops: or one of these? :LOL:
Mish Mash. Never...just saying you'll build this with parts that look good & that suits your own way and likes rather than the catalogue spec. Or that was how you pitched my build ideas to me...

White Saddle? Perhaps with a White Stem & Bars?

Looking real nice. I prefer the shorter look of the Altek levers. Some nice white RF Turbine LP's and a white (& black) RF System stem would look ace on there to go with that XYO post.

so i picked these up on impulse cuz it was offered with 3 different spiders that i could attach to it… 4 bolt standard, 5 bolt standard and 5 bolt compact. think i'll use this for the build till a suitable Race Face is in hand.

thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2941.JPG
    IMG_2941.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,015
The paint may not be that flash but is definitely in better condition than mine. If this is a mish mash I hope my single speed commuter does not offend the retrobike massif....

so patiently waiting to receive delivery on the ideal fork i'm after for the build. lucked out and scored that on ebay. :D

in the meantime, decided to source some alternative RF cranks since the plan is an all RF build. stupidly i had given up all three sets of black RF turbine LPs i had in my possession since i had no planned builds with them, or i could foresee in the near future. how wrong that was. :roll:

but now i realize that it was just meant to be since i now scored a really nice set of black RF Next Forged complete with rings and bb. :cool: on top of that, also scored a white site which is on it's way to me. :LOL: red, black or white… one most definitely will fit the bill! :roll: :LOL:

also expecting delivery on another RF headset as the one I have and pictured earlier in this thread is actually a mishmash of two different models. i did some researched and discovered the mystery headset i was sold is actual the top cup of a Real Seal and the bottom cup of a Thermal SP. hoping the RF Real Seal I'll be getting is proper and in good shape.

Attachments

• IMG_3045.JPG
    IMG_3045.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 894
Back