Surly Moonlander

This is a cracking thread on an intriguing bicycle.

Think I spotted my first Surly out and about on Saturday on the Chesire Lines North of Liverpool.. Looked like a nice ride too. If I had the cash I'd love to take one of these out on the beaches near here.

thanks, you will see more and more as they take off, though im hoping they dont become a mega trend....i prefer to see them used in the correct conditions so people see what they are really made for.

i decided last weekend to dust off my hybrid to save the tires on the fatbike as £200 a set is a little crazy for all the miles im clocking up on tarmc the last 4 months!

i dont go offroad much at the moment, due to work, so sticking to local cycle routes doing 200-300 a month, so reluctantly the hybrid with its slicks is best suited to avoid wearing parts out.

huge thanks to the mac retro dudes for having me along to there 5th annual glentress meet at the weekend....

nice mix of retro and modern, and good fun and top class weather and scenery :cool:

was probaly the last place you would expect to see a fatbike, but it managed to get around and up and and down ok, though id of proably prefered the more aggressive surly nate tires for the terrain up there.

few of my pics and a few from the RB guys :cool:

aftermath thread here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

rb7.jpg

rb6.jpg

rb5.jpg

rb4.jpg

rb3.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb1.jpg

3c0a5bf0.jpg

856980d7.jpg

7d75f1bb.jpg

10 miles of hills and descents in around an hours rolling time...

2a7cf759.jpg

Fantastic bike and the stemcaptain is stored under my favourites. I wonder if you notice the 100mm bracket. Seems to me that Q factor is way off compared to 'normal bikes'

Casper

the 100mm BB isnt an issue, its surprising how easy it is to ride for long journeys, i have done 45 mile road rides and been fresh.

the Q factor is considered no more different than switching from trainers to walking shoes, some people say....i cant notice much difference, especially as i always wear walking shoes/boots and flat pedals.

Back