Bicyclemania 2012 (War of the Wolds) Sunday 27th May

Changed again, had to look after my 7 month old girl for an hour, the Rockhoppers is in the loft, don't have time to swap tyres and get it out of the loft now pppfftttt

Orange Prestige it is then. Complete with dodgy brakes.

very warm today, especially out of any breeze!

had a good laugh and enjoyed the whole deal really. oh, i suppose the getting lost thing was a negative due to poor signage(lack of) where the 40 meets the 20 miler. cost me a record time for that event ;)

cheers.

marc two tone-slmracing-fluffychicken-andy B- trebz....in that order.

PICT0005.jpg

hernia op?, never felt a thing and was concious during surgery, reading the daily tabloid.

PICT0007.jpg

pure fun.

PICT0010-1.jpg

first, and last fuel stop.

PICT0009-1.jpg

can't knock the scenery here. gosh i need a drink whilst typing :)

PICT0008-1.jpg

i may do this again next year, thanks for the company and it was nice to see that guy from grimsby, the manitou HT one. i will eventually remember your name :oops: derek...right? :LOL:

thanks.

Great pics !

I have the same comments about the signing issue. Save for people getting lost due to bad signing the day was amazing, great ride, clearly great people, food and toilets on site and a round of applause at the end !

Bring on the next one I say !

Two questions:

1. How do I find out what place I finished in?

2. How do I get copies of the pictures and videos taken on the day?

There were quite a few non cyclists taking pictures, who were they and how do we get in touch with them?

All the best

Trebz

Superb day out!

Pity the signage wasn't as hot as the weather, I'll let Pottsy (the organiser) know that it does need improving

Great to be back on the bike again, and out with some great company

Good pics there Marc

Trebz, results will be up on the bicyclemania website soon http://www.bicyclemania.co.uk/MTBresults.htm & pics should be available soon http://www.bicyclemania.co.uk/MTBpics&video.htm

Think I did the 20 miles in 2h26m

I have a GPS log, but need to upload the data for it

good question rich.

click here......

http://www.bicyclemania.co.uk/MTBRESULTS.htm

presently the results don't seem to be issued, this evening i guess?

**edit** cheers andy.

i thought i'd taken more pics than that?... :LOL: got us all in though ;)

i'm gonna deduct 15 mins off whatever i did..i said so ;) due to twice circulating somebody's back garden with no real need to do so (you had to be there) :eek: must have been a good 20 of us so, was glad i'm not exceptionally myopic.

Good time Trebz

My GPS upload has failed :(

Last year I did a 2.08 IIRC, one year I will go sub 2h :LOL:

I reckon without being at the tail end of the start pack and the couple of hold ups on the 1st few climbs we all could have shaved 5 mins off our times

Trebz was one of the hold ups ;)

You lot didn't do half bad considering you er increased the distance and went looking at peoples gardens :LOL:

Can't belive my only injury of the day was getting out of the car into a pile of nettles, both legs still stinging a bit now :facepalm:

Either way the important thing is I beat Andy around, even if it was just the very last road in where I thought I would see if I could catch up with two lads (yooof's) I had chatted to when I was registering.

Lovely day all around.

FluffyChicken":2oc99m5f said:
Trebz was one of the hold ups ;)

OY !!!

I was 'Maxing It Out' with some log hopping tomfoolery....you should watch and learn young Padawan. Banged me elbow and have some third degree localised chaffing on my forearm.

Got stung so bad under my arm that I nearly called my mum !

Heh.

Back