1988 Muddy Fox Explorer (and full range) Ad

I had that explorer, superb bike at the time...biopace chain rings,suntour roller cam brakes....ah memories

I saw the prestige at a bike show, very nice..I think they only made 2 or 3, 1 I know was a competition prize

I also had the Muddy Fox paw print disc wheel covers on mine, looked the dogs 'b@ll@x'!!! never forget that wooshing sound it used to make with those on!!

Happy days, really wanted a courier when I was still kicking about on a BMX.

chally3":1e3iatod said:
I also had the Muddy Fox paw print disc wheel covers on mine, looked the dogs 'b@ll@x'!!! never forget that wooshing sound it used to make with those on!!

My Explorer had the disc wheel and the urber cool shoulder padding with yellow 'muddy fox' stitched on it :cool: :LOL: it look so good some body took it with out asking me :twisted:

Ah. Good old Explorer. I had mine when I was 17ish , so about 1986. I had one of those stupid disk 'things' for it too. Cut the bl@@dy thing off in the end; it made that much noise.

Loved that bike though, even if it was the same size as a five bar gate. :roll: :D

If only I could find another.........

cherrybomb":qhyghg8b said:
Ah. Good old Explorer. I had mine when I was 17ish , so about 1986. I had one of those stupid disk 'things' for it too. Cut the bl@@dy thing off in the end; it made that much noise.

Loved that bike though, even if it was the same size as a five bar gate. :roll: :D

If only I could find another.........

I've got one for sale if you want it. Nice original condition.

Col. topfridgeman@hotmail.com or 07553376903.

My first ever mtb was a Muddyfox, but didn't feature in that catalogue. It was called a 'Streetfinder'!! Was way too big for me, weighed a ton, and I remember the chainring sizes were 34, 44, 54!! Oh yes and had the Y-shaped stem. Perfect place for your nuts to slot into if you went over the bars lol!!!!

Sold it to a mate, who still has it in his cellar.

Mauhum

muddy fox prestige??? i have one in the bike shop where i work in un-ridden condition, the gold plating is amazing and has carbon handle bars and seat post for a 1988 bike

only down side is a small dent in the top tube smaller than a 5p piece

here are some pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgeandr ... 865693160/

anyone know how much it could be worth in its almost brand new condition????

mad-rider95":1alfu8xv said:
anyone know how much it could be worth in its almost brand new condition????

It's a Muddy Fox so not that much. If a Yo Eddy, Fat Chance, Merlin, Klein......... then much much more

I say it may sell for as high as £500 Others may think that to high or to low

Good condition MF Explorer sell for £130 area and that was one of the best MF

Back