Scott Scale 30 - XTR New Build + First Ride Pics - 19Ib 15oz

Love these weight weenie builds.
I'm s-l-o-w-l-y getting my Scalpel together mainly because I'm agonising over bits to skim some grams off here and there so your spec sheet will be most useful ! Seeing how much effort it takes to get an already light bike to start with to tuck under the magic 20lb mark is a great game so well done and it looks lush ! :cool:

cyfa2809":xx588s86 said:
Does it feel stable still being that light?!

Funny you should ask, it is very stable and very good at transferring power though, i.e there is no wasted energy in going forwards.

Descending is great, however one issue I discovered last weekend and it may be the front tyre or me not used to suspension (or maybe the terrain which was rooty and moist!) or the fact that I have ridden off-road 3 times in 5 years but It was a bit sketchy on the front end when going down some technical bumpy descents, I think I need to lower my position slightly at the front end too.

Just to prove it does get used: Me at yesterdays Beastway race.

36-638x426.jpg

87-638x426.jpg

Still need to sort out the position on the bike, front end feels too light, might flip the stem to a negative 6 and see what happens.

tintin40":f2gvj0vl said:
:D Where did you finish?

I dropped out on the 5th of 8 Laps due to Cramp, was in mid table mediocrity until then, still, I loved it and will be doing again, Tony get yourself along to one, every Wednesday at 7:30.

Deffo flipping the stem when I get round to cleaning the bike!

Good pics man. Bike looks great. I think the upgrades you've done are really good.

Glad you are enjoying it. I'm loving mine.

Re:

Nice light bike, but mine fell to bits , replaced the free hub body plenty of times. It really couldn't handle the likes of exmoor!! :D

Back