More fillety goodness: 653 'graffiti' Orbit

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Some may remember this being on the 'bay a couple of months back... I've been tinkering away getting it back to more or less it's original spec and here it is! The light was a bit ropey tonight by the time I'd finished so I've rushed a couple of pictures indoors for the time being, I'll sort out some better ones in the morning :)

Frame and fork are both Reynolds 653, I know that there is a 531 version on here as well so it's in good company. I'm still mulling over whether to use the white original Turbo or the black SL at the moment, I'll let the jury decide..

Attachments

• IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,789
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,789
john_steed.jpg

If your bike were a person.

Brilliant Orbit mate!

Here's some more pics in the daylight :cool:

Lovin' the John Steed reference by the way..I guess that in order to fit in Emma Peel would have to be my neon yellow Dave Yates then ;)

As you can see, I've tried to keep the whole grey/silver thing going on through the bike. I could have gone with M735 XT as I've more or less a full groupset kicking around as spare but always planned to use the silver DX parts instead.. I think it works rather nicely! I've also decided that I need a full fat black turbo now rather than the trimmed down SL. In the past this wouldn't have bothered me but I guess this is what happens when you've been lurking on this site for too long!

Spec below:

Frame: Orbit hand brazed Reynolds 653

Fork: Reynolds 653

Headset: Shimano Deore 1"
Stem: Ritchey (Nitto) Force

Handlebar: Tioga Mountaineer LT
Grips: Ritchey Truegrip

Brakes/Levers: Deore MT-60
Shifters: Deore MT-60

Front Derailleur: Deore DX
Rear Derailleur: Deore DX

Cassette: Shimano HG70 12-28
Chainset: M735 XT
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: M737 XT SPD's

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Wheelset: Araya RM-20 rims, deore DX hubs
Tyres: Ritchey Force WCS

Saddle: Turbo SL (for now..)
Seatpost: Deore DX

Weight: 25lbs approx

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,651
  • IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,651
That's a gorgeous frameset and I think the DX kit suits it perfectly.

The Araya rims fit really nicely too, it looks great.

Looks great Joe, although that horrible Turbo looks horribly out of place (dun-de-dum).

I feel you are selling the frame short though, howabout some close-ups of the forks, seat tube junction, dropouts and head tube?

Back