1993/4 BIGFOOT Smokestone - More Blue Anno Added...

gibbleking":354ybh8l said:
blue cantis ...i have similar problems at the mo..im trying to figure if the gold stem is wrong...

Hmmm - maybe red to go with the forks/brakes?

NeilM":354ybh8l said:
OH YEAH! That's it, right there.....

Black cantis, would highlight the silver frame, silver would blend right in, depends what 'look' you're going after.

My son tells me that "you can never have too much black dad".

:LOL: thought a purple purge might please you!

mfh126":354ybh8l said:
The Mavic headset really looks at home on that frame! I'd go with silver cantis. Looking good so far!

Thanks Mike

Will try both and see - thinking silver though.....

nevadasmith":327vv24f said:
:LOL: thought a purple purge might please you!

Hey! It's your bike, you build it how you want it. But I'm glad I can get rid of this bottle of concentrated caustic soda, it's getting a bit warm ;)

Silver canti's sound good to me.

Glad to see the USE got there safe n sound. :cool: :cool:

Looks like the midst of a great build. A stem in the matching colour would be good.

Did a bit more on this tonight, brakes and drive chain fitted and cabled up :D

Went for black brakes in the end as the silver got a bit lost in the vastness of the frame tubes and clearances.

Have hit a probelm though - the the XT/m231 wheel I bought is 130mm :evil:

No problem I thought I'll just find a ropey XT 135mm hub, change the axle spacers, take it to slam69 in the morning and get them to re-dish it. I first got a sense this was wrong when only the axles were different lengths :? So followed a 2 hour lesson on shimano rear hub spacing with two increasing disassembled rear wheels.

The hub bodies are different sizes.

Who knew?! Not me.

Now it has a 135mm axle and a additional 5mm spacer on the non-drive side and it needs re-dishing.

Changed the handlebars to black too.

Anyone know the torque setting for PACE RC35 crown bolts?

That is looking fricking ace!

Think the matching blue USE would be the perfect bar but maybe something silver or ti in the mean time? I had some ti x-lite on mine for a while and they looked good contrasted against the black stem, grips levers etc.

Back