Tushingham Resource Pool

Greatwork Nevada Smith, Never thought i would see that again.... :shock:

I Know Maverick had a pic of it, from Bitd....long gone now i suspect.

But to see it there is great. I suspect thats the first or at least one of the first Clockworks.

Thanks for posting that mate. :cool:

This website is better than any treasure Hunt.

Attachments

• 6_157.jpg
    6_157.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,933
sinnerman":2kay5oww said:
Nader, i get all that, but you said in your previous post, that the above pic with the wheel disc was a B52, and then you posted a pic of a specialized Rockhopper and said that is what Mr K has.....?
well, because there are similarities between both damn much!! :LOL::LOL:
had B52 U-brakes under chainstay tubes?

Which issue is that? I remember that article! Really takes me back... I don't remember Tushinghams but I remember those Noahs Ark ads where the bloke told you what he'd been up to, and tried to sell bikes too...

This is a great thread - that article really brought it back. Pertex tops, tight leggings and walking boots. :cool: Following this with interest.

Nader":17pf5nyr said:
sinnerman":17pf5nyr said:
Nader, i get all that, but you said in your previous post, that the above pic with the wheel disc was a B52, and then you posted a pic of a specialized Rockhopper and said that is what Mr K has.....?
well, because there are similarities between both damn much!! :LOL::LOL:
had B52 U-brakes under chainstay tubes?

Not really, the U-brake is about the only similarity. the rear stays are totally different as are the frames, the Tushingham Uses a lugged construction, and the Specialized is tig welded.

You did confuse me, but i see your humour..., :LOL:

A big similarity for me......They were all made in the Far East.

Now i'm greener than Kermit!

That looks to be (as Sinnerman said) like a B52, i'm sure they only had 2 bikes available and can't for the life of me remember the other one. I will have a dig around, i'm sure i have a picture or 2 of them buried somewhere. Very good find. Well done.

Was looking at this ad yesterday and thinking who the hell are Tushingham. £399 when new so I would assume it would be Exage Trail/Mountain LX equipped:

bromwich_214.jpg

Nader":1nvzxyg8 said:
mrkawasaki":1nvzxyg8 said:
Couple of differences that I can spot in the advertised bike pic -

the above pic shows a Tushingham B52. Yours is this here

242497025_0b83f93a10.jpg

more about it on this page http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125950&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Where did you find this pic???? That's my mates Rockhopper, a pic taken way back in the day on a track we used to ride alot....that rear disc used to make a right racket :LOL:

Small Update.

I have just recieved an email from Roger Tushingham, who has managed to find an original Brouchure and spec list for the Tushingham B52 and the Works team bike, in his archives.

He is competing in a Yacht race untill the 1st of July, so i hope to be able to detail all the info here, upon his return.

Untill then i have wished him well for the race, and thanked him for all his continued help.

Carl.

sinnerman":25guhtlk said:
I am no expert, but i think thats a B52, (but i clearly could be wrong, as i am only going from memory)

Originally only supplied in my area, by a Windsurfing/sailing store that also sold bikes, and this store only ventured into the mountain bike market, due to the Tushingham brand, and there obvious windsurfing background. If memory serves me right it would have been neon and white.

I was told either correctly or incorrectly, it all originated from a resprayed Muddy fox Courier, again this could all have been a load of bull, but i was young and keen, the similarities are there, perhaps the same far east manufacturer...??? who knows... i myself would love for Lester to fill in the blanks, after all without this.....would Orange have ever been...?

You have a real piece of Uk mountain bike history there my friend, and i am amazed at the condition to be fair.

sensational.

:cool:

Talk to Maverick hes the man when it comes to these.

was said shop in plymouth and run by 2 long haired lads, near the river plym? near the frieght raliway depot???

if so, i remeber them very well and used to pop in for a coke mosty weekends to look at bikes and bits lol

Back