Bob's bargain Butler '91 CB Spectre

I still haven't got round to cleaning it up yet, only gave it a quick rinse for some piccy's.
I have ridden it now and i've decided to keep it :LOL: so when I give it the full degrease treatment i'll also take the reflectors and other bits off (will put it all away in a box for future)

1990/91 seems to be the point they started churning these out as there's plenty around... Pre-90 are very rare :eek:

The 89 range was only 5 models. Mine came with a Falcon saddle, Wolber rims off the higher models (Shaman, Cape Wrath), different tyres... All signs of low-volume parts-bin production.

My brother also had a black/red "Spirit" that wasn't even in the brochure but had a mix of parts from the Banshee and Pagan models that were (Reynolds 500, Exage Trail).

Chances of me finding another 89 model for 20 notes are zero :LOL:

Chances of me finding another 89 model for 20 notes are zero

To be fair you've already got one :LOL:

You said yours needs money throwing at it, but what does it actually need? It looks quite tidy in the picture :?

Bob":5qan6tyc said:
To be fair you've already got one :LOL: You said yours needs money throwing at it, but what does it actually need?
Haha, yeah but I'd love to find an original one and decent alignment :)

It's just getting ratty all round... For the price of a full restoration I've picked up a hardly used 1998 Klein. I'll either flog the nice bits or use them to build/restore a more modern and useable frame.

Did you see some nice Farmer John Nephew's just hit eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-RETR...EW-TYRES-26-X-1-95-KULT-VINTAGE-/160804532547

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
....I had a 'Spirit' from around that time (Pearlescent Aqua Marine) - 400LX grupo (do you have a scan of the brochure with that one in it)?

This is from the 91 brochure (model year 91 or 92?):
Spirit.png

This blue one has the same rim decal as Bob's Spectre so maybe a 92/93?
IMG_0487.jpg

Back