Tushingham Resource Pool

Couple of differences that I can spot in the advertised bike pic -

There's a '2' on the top tube - suggesting a B52 graphic? Not on the one I have.

The u stay on the one I have - already mentioned

A second bottle cage mount - not on the one I have

The Tange logo is set higher up - mine is near the BB

What year is this ad?

walleater":1lb1awcf said:
sinnerman":1lb1awcf said:
A futher point to add, the WORKS TEAM BIKE, had a slightly sloping top tube, a wishbone rear end and was fabricated here in the UK.

That brings back memories. A windsurf shop in Shrewsbury were interested in sponsoring me and stocked Tushingham so I went in for a chat. I vaguely remember there being a stock model, and a higher end one that I think you could choose the geometry on? Either way, I was a stroppy demanding teenager and probably demanded an 8 figure salary so heard no more from them :LOL:

I did my level 1 windsurfing qual there I'm the early 90's :cool:

Peopleusedto travel for miles to sail there

theredchili":209pqrn2 said:
walleater":209pqrn2 said:
sinnerman":209pqrn2 said:
A futher point to add, the WORKS TEAM BIKE, had a slightly sloping top tube, a wishbone rear end and was fabricated here in the UK.

That brings back memories. A windsurf shop in Shrewsbury were interested in sponsoring me and stocked Tushingham so I went in for a chat. I vaguely remember there being a stock model, and a higher end one that I think you could choose the geometry on? Either way, I was a stroppy demanding teenager and probably demanded an 8 figure salary so heard no more from them :LOL:

I did my level 1 windsurfing qual there I'm the early 90's :cool:

Peopleusedto travel for miles to sail there

I'm not sure if we are thinking of the same place? The one I'm thinking of was on the same street as the fire station, not far from the railway station. I'm only wondering as I can't think of anywhere to actually windsurf there unless you tried on the River Severn?!

mrkawasaki":2rz4141o said:
Couple of differences that I can spot in the advertised bike pic -

the above pic shows a Tushingham B52. Yours is this here

242497025_0b83f93a10.jpg

more about it on this page http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125950&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Here's those pictures.

Odd seat stays I thought - guess some of the info in this thread explains that!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 1,652
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 1,652
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 1,652
Some close ups:

(Nice picture editing by MBUK too!)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 1,651
sinnerman":2f2u5xb7 said:
Nader ........you have lost me mate...?

why that? :? might be worth a good search through the archives...

I know there were two models of Tushingham (see the two pictures above)..long ago, I bought a orange DH-Bike, so I occupied myself with orange history and have become aware of Tushingham.
It's not easy to find any pictures of B-52 but there are a few small article for this great mountainbike. Have you read anything about Clockwork history?

Surely you know this sentence:

Handbuilt in Halifax, England, these bikes are ALL English. Orange Mountain Bikes history begins with the Tushingham B52, which was one of the UK's first mountain bikes. It was created as a specialty product by Cumbria in the Lake District and as an offshoot from Tushingham Sails, a leading manufacturer of quality windsurfing sails. Later, Lester Noble, a partner in Tushingham Sails, fell in love with mountain biking and left Tushingham Sails. He partnerned with Steve Wade, a bike racer with an engineering background, and formed Orange Mountain Bikes.

Nader":2wf9ymgz said:
sinnerman":2wf9ymgz said:
Nader ........you have lost me mate...?

why that? :? might be worth a good search through the archives...

I know there were two models of Tushingham (see the two pictures above)..long ago, I bought a orange DH-Bike, so I occupied myself with orange history and have become aware of Tushingham.
It's not easy to find any pictures of B-52 but there are a few small article for this great mountainbike. Have you read anything about Clockwork history?

Surely you know this sentence:

Handbuilt in Halifax, England, these bikes are ALL English. Orange Mountain Bikes history begins with the Tushingham B52, which was one of the UK's first mountain bikes. It was created as a specialty product by Cumbria in the Lake District and as an offshoot from Tushingham Sails, a leading manufacturer of quality windsurfing sails. Later, Lester Noble, a partner in Tushingham Sails, fell in love with mountain biking and left Tushingham Sails. He partnerned with Steve Wade, a bike racer with an engineering background, and formed Orange Mountain Bikes.

Nader, i get all that, but you said in your previous post, that the above pic with the wheel disc was a B52, and then you posted a pic of a specialized Rockhopper and said that is what Mr K has.....?

This confused me.

Why did you post a pick of a Rock hopper.....?

P.s without looking i suspect your Quote, came from an early mag article, about orange mountain bikes with Lester.

The info i Posted was additional memories from the other side of that story, from Roger Tushingham.

Back