NHS incompetency ?

cyfa2809":1eddi12m said:
As above i think it is luck of the draw. Not that some are incompetent but often overloaded?

Luck of the draw maybe true but I'm sure there is good and bad in the private sector too.

Alison

Isaac_AG":157v62dm said:
cyfa2809":157v62dm said:
As above i think it is luck of the draw. Not that some are incompetent but often overloaded?

Luck of the draw maybe true but I'm sure there is good and bad in the private sector too.

Alison
Yup. It just happens a lot sooner.

I'm being operated on on Monday, subject to it not being cancelled at the last minute, I'm sure it will go well.

Alison

Isaac_AG":3ull4mw4 said:
I'm being operated on on Monday, subject to it not being cancelled at the last minute, I'm sure it will go well.

Alison

Then I wish you the very best and hope for a speedy recovery.

silverclaws":1gzl4p7l said:
Isaac_AG":1gzl4p7l said:

Alison

Then I wish you the very best and hope for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for that

Alison

I suppose half of my problem with the NHS is I have requested the testing via my doc and that based on my own research and that because my doc won't take my questions seriously, but I know 22 years of depression is caused by stuff that became known 22 years ago but was not investigated, so I sulked for 22 years and now as I want to get out of depression I now seek the answers denied me in the past. My doc is happy to prescribe anti depressants indefinitely, but I don't want them, I want answers, and that because I know it is within their capability if they could only get the initial testing right.

Yeah I am reactive, yeah, I am suspicious and yeah I do need to wear a tin foil hat sometimes, but I ain't stupid and although face to face communication can be a problem, I can scythe to the truth in many situations others cannot. My strengths are research and via American sources I have researched to come to the point where I request of the NHS the testing to prove one way or the other.

I guess in the UK doctors do not like patients to understand about their own health care, which is why I understand anything useful on the net health wise comes out of the US, not Britain and with that Pub Med is excellent, I even had to research terms used to understand what that website was making available to anyone and everyone. Can anyone imagine the BMC doing anything similar, sure I know what will be at the end of every search term; '' see you GP ''

Isaac_AG":2rexmns6 said:

Alison

You'll be fine. Take the opportunity to catch up on some sleep. There's not much else to do...

Good and bad, but mostly good here.
However, someone i know had there father sent home from hospital last tuesday, apparently on the mend, and he died on the thursday :x
Something wrong there i feel but none of my business

Had good and bad experiences on the NHS and in private health care, most mistakes are human error and in my experience they are few and far between. The problem is that the NHS treats so many people that even if you make a mistake in only 0.00001% of cases it still affects a lot of people.
I would also be wary of information gleaned from websites, especially US sites which seem to attract conspiracy theorists of every shape and size. If you've lost trust in your doctor ask to see another doctor, if you're still not happy go private. Good luck regardless.

Had an off 3 weeks ago and carved open my knee. 3 hours wait in A&E is about standard I think but once in I was x-rayed and patched up very well. What's impressed me is that they've been very keen to keep an eye on it and I've had numerous appointments for "wound review" to prevent infection.

I think the NHS is generally brilliant but there will always be incompentance in any profession. You can't generalise the whole service on personal experience.

As an aside, there's nothing more depressing than the sun coming out, new build just finished but can't ride cos of a stupid mistake in the mud 3 weeks ago. :(

Back