Tushingham Resource Pool

sinnerman":2vk7necu said:
Rodger then continued to concentrate on the windsurfing whilst Lester formed Orange mountain bikes. (the first example being a similarly produced frame, "pathfinder/courier", sprayed in the Clockwork colours, from the same far east manufacturer.)

That answers a question I had - I have a picture of a bike in an old mag, painted in clockwork colous with a 'normal' reay stay - will scan and post it on here.

sinnerman":1dxmituo said:
He is sure he still has an original Spec sheet and possibly an actual colour brochure detailing the models colours and specifcations of this model and others.

As and when i recieve the scans from the originals, i will forward on immediately.

Looking forward to this

Excellent to finally see a Tushingham. Heard the story many time but never seen the bike before :cool:

Would be interesting to compare a Tush with an Courier side by side...

theredchili":3gj7nzxo said:
sinnerman":3gj7nzxo said:
He is sure he still has an original Spec sheet and possibly an actual colour brochure detailing the models colours and specifcations of this model and others.

As and when i recieve the scans from the originals, i will forward on immediately.

Looking forward to this

Me too, i get far too excited when stuff like this comes up, i just hope Roger does manage to find the origianal specs and pics etc.

all very exciting .... :cool:

sinnerman":2rmj80fg said:
A futher point to add, the WORKS TEAM BIKE, had a slightly sloping top tube, a wishbone rear end and was fabricated here in the UK.

That brings back memories. A windsurf shop in Shrewsbury were interested in sponsoring me and stocked Tushingham so I went in for a chat. I vaguely remember there being a stock model, and a higher end one that I think you could choose the geometry on? Either way, I was a stroppy demanding teenager and probably demanded an 8 figure salary so heard no more from them :LOL:

walleater":1a2kwymh said:
sinnerman":1a2kwymh said:
A futher point to add, the WORKS TEAM BIKE, had a slightly sloping top tube, a wishbone rear end and was fabricated here in the UK.

That brings back memories. A windsurf shop in Shrewsbury were interested in sponsoring me and stocked Tushingham so I went in for a chat. I vaguely remember there being a stock model, and a higher end one that I think you could choose the geometry on? Either way, I was a stroppy demanding teenager and probably demanded an 8 figure salary so heard no more from them :LOL:

I have been through all my boxes, the loft and the cellar to try and find the photo i know ive got of the works bike, im bloody buggered if i can find it.

For some reason i keep thinking Campagnolo, i remember being stood in the shop drooling over the brake levers.

I could be miles off of course, it could have been another brand the shop stocked. But i keep coming back to it, because the shop had only a few brands, and it would really make sense that the Uk fabricated frame came supplied with campag though, given the time we are talking about, and uk supplies at the time for small frame builders..... :? :? :?

this could be a Tushingham 52 :roll:

discs_182.jpg

I used to help out in a windsurfing shop in Swaythling Southampton.
He was a keen mountain biker aswell as a windsurfer.
He was a stockist for Tushingham sails and bikes.

Nader thats awesum, I did panick when i saw Moore large and co, then i realised they were marketing the discs..... :roll: phew.....lol.

Confirmed it for me though a B52 it is.... :D looks like Exage spec too.

And made me smile too when i saw the U-brake on the seatstays. Roger was confused by this when i spoke to him today and informed him Mr Ks was on the chainstay... therefore suggesting an even earlier example.

Back