Zaskar Number 4 - FINISHED! page 4 - arghhh not finished!!!

Nice one Steve. Looks great. Where did you find the anodized brake cable hangers? Looking for red ones myself.

The combination of the anodized parts mixed up with the butterscotch Michelins gave it such a 'bright' appearance!
Very, very nice Steve!

bratfass":2bz9x159 said:
very very nice, steve! i think i should known these cranks, shouldnt I? ;)

Thanks Michael,

Yes these are the cranks I had off of you like a year or more ago... :cool: They're rather nice and svelte.. :cool:

Irvinizer":sibeb17d said:
The combination of the anodized parts mixed up with the butterscotch Michelins gave it such a 'bright' appearance!
Very, very nice Steve!

Thanks fella,

I know not many people like the coloured tyres but they do make all the purple stand out. And I tried the tie them in to colour of the decals..

Today, I spent a bit of time fettling with the Zaskar...

Cut the fork steerer, and added some shims, for a better fit and look

Zaskar_shine001.jpg

Zaskar_shine002.jpg

Set the brakes up for better stopping power

Zaskar_shine003.jpg

Added a shim for the seat-post (in ano blue to tie-in with the granny bolts and 'Ringle lettering on the stem)

Zaskar_shine006.jpg

And gave it a bloody good polish..

Zaskar_shine007.jpg

Zaskar_shine009.jpg

Zaskar_shine010.jpg

Zaskar_shine011.jpg

Zaskar_shine012.jpg

Zaskar_shine008.jpg

Now a few people have asked about the SpeedTec cranks, but I know nothing of them. An identical set came up for sale on ebay in Germany recently, and I bought mine from Michael, in Germany, but that's the extent of my knowledge on them, so here's a couple of closer pics instead... :cool:

Zaskar_shine004.jpg

Zaskar_shine005.jpg

Still no sign of the bloody chain, I'm so itching to go for a spin on this, it's unreal.. :twisted:

Back