Show me your really modern full susses and why you bought it

Sorry, another vote for the 5, It really is the nicest bike I've ever ridden, downhill it flys,handles great.Im putting more miles in on this than any other bike at the moment.
Last year I nearly brought one, but went for a Cube instead as I could not justify the cost of a 5.The Cube was great, just not exciting enough for me and I hardly rode it.So after riding a 5 I was hooked and put an order in for one ,to the spec I wanted
Very pleased with it, I know the 5 gets stick from allot of people, but i'm happy I made the right descision and another is still my first choice if I had to replace it

its a 140 front and back ,great for single track where I live

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 460
I've got an Intense 5.5EVP. I did have a 2009 Stumpy FSR with brain setup, but I really didn't get on with it... very much liked to be sat on and pedalled rather than thrown around and ridden!
The Intense is brilliant, it makes you want to ride harder and faster than a lot of other bikes I've ridden.

55-1.jpg

Nice bikes chaps.

I went into Leisure Lakes in Daventry today. The store manager had his own Yeti SB95 which just looked mental. No 575's though.

They did have some 5's. A 5 Pro just looked awesome in black. I could be swung!!!

That would be Ian! I work in Daventry, he had a 5.5 when they were new. A friend of mine has an ASR carbon but he's had both the front and rear changed under warranty with rear brakage issues and front paint bubbling.
I think I'll try a five or similar next, alot less to maintain!

Specialized Epic, bought it as I wanted carbon frame FS and something a little unusual whcih is the rear Brain shok.

Also probably the best colour scheme ever.

Attachments

• DSC07799.JPG
    DSC07799.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 406
Good question, I've never weighed it... To be honest I don't think I've weighed any of my bikes since around 1994!
It's built with relatively light wheels but I'm running coil forks and rear shock, my brother has one in the lovely light blue colour, his is on air front and rear but mines a little more aggressive. Flows well, feels a little more sluggish on the flat than my old stumpy but it's a lot faster in general!

Paul Eggleton":bwl0l90r said:
I'm in Southam Kev. Where do you go riding??

I'm in Weston under wetherley, I've been struggling for time recently but around here do a local (from the house) ride going through wetherley woods up through hilltop farm out on the old railway then either across to Brandon woods and back through wappenbury woods or just back through wappenbury woods if I'm not out for a long one!

Just trying to get fit again after almost six months of no riding, away this week but if you fancy a ride or want a look/chat about modern sus bikes (or retro of course!) drop me a pm!

Latest posts

Back