Sponsorship info for Laz's L2P & apology

Hi Richie "my friend :)" Thank you for the support, bumps & donation each part of the 3 means a great deal to me right now, and your support will not go unrewarded (you'll get more than a few thoughts on my journey). I'm hoping that when I'm done & get back home I will have a zillion pics to upload and a few video's :) You take care, and keep smiling my friend, yours Laz.

Hi Tel :) "We all have a story to tell buddy, do we not ? :)" This is what I love about life, and particularly here, ... in here we all eat s*it & breath bikes, wether we like it or not, its like a illness that consumes, CYCLING :) It starts off filling the gaps we have spare in our lives, then we learn more & more about bikes, then we start to make space for them, then they just take over. If I had my time over, " I was born to ride " ... 6ft tall but with an inside leg of a 6'4", I've got the leg length & power but on a small frame, my spartan lifestyle (poor to most of us LOL) left me perfectly aerodynamically designed to ride like the wind. This L2P is about 30 years too late, but better late than never my friend.

Recently, at this years memorial at Anfield, during 1 of the speeches, they finally made a point of mentioning "The Poor treatment Survivors suffered" & "The hell they have unnecessarily been through". It brought a tear to my eye as I looked to the right of me where my 11 year old daughter stood, as I somehow after 23 years realised that just 60 more seconds & my name would have been on that list of 96. 60 seconds ???. I only woke up in 2008, the rest of 1989 - 2008 is a blank or a blur. This L2P is everything to me right now, it's all I have that is "clean & unstained ".

The bikes myself & my son are using are the Faggin and the Paganini Sioux. I decided to give my lad the Paganini because it's his size and rides like it has a motor in it, so smooth & responsive yet delivers almost perfect efficiency from the drive train right through to the wheels, it just seems to ride so effortlessly. My Faggin of course has been with me since 1984 and has served me well in ALL of the countries she was in with me before 1989. That bike IS me :) Take care Tel & keep smiling buddy, yours Laz.

Hi Robbie :) Thank you for the donation & support my friend, as mentioned above "it is greatly appreciated" and makes ALL the difference :) Every single £1 or penny is welcome since it is those who donate that tell me to "carry on" it is the support each donation brings that tells me to "keep going", and so far the amount donated overwhelms me, already so much from so few, it inspires me :) I have many many sources in the pipe line (Asda,Sainsburys, 40 local shops, my entire local area & community are ALL poised to raise funds). I also intend to ride from Liverpool to London with a cash bucket on my back(more info to follow on this as I shall no doubt be passing by many of you in here, so some company on the road will be appreciated). My very best to you, yours Laz.

PS: John Lennon only kept his bike in his bed so it didn't get pinched ;) I keep mine in my bed because the saddle fell off years ago and surgery to have it removed is too expensive these days :roll:

Cheers Laz, if you're planning on taking the scenic route through Shropshire it would be great to join you guys for a few miles :)

PS. I'm not sure what time John Bishop set on his P2L but that's your time to beat. :LOL:

Donation made and a bump for this thread. Hope you're doing well haven't seen you about on here for a while....

Only two days to go - good luck Laz! Look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing how you've got on. :cool:

Thank You Tel, your donation is greatly appreciated as is your support my friend :) Sorry I never posted back on here sooner :oops: Yours Laz.

Hi again Rich :) "I wish it was just the 2 days to go buddy, but I had to put back to the 14th August date (2nd trip) about 2 weeks ago and much to my shame I forgot to update here & my donations page ... SORRY :oops:

The beating has triggered me off and I'm still struggling to come down from another episode. It won't stop me going on the 14th, but alas the damage it caused in my home life made a backlog that I'm only now almost clear of :) Such are the trials and tribulations my friend of those who lead porcellan like lives such as my own. I am robust until broken, then the fun starts, its like having to stitch every wound I have ever got in life, from scratch, a very tedious process of healing. I'd say it was a nightmare, but its much worse than that.

Ever the optomist, "I shall make the 14th deadline" and only give up trying on the 15th. Come what may, If I miss L2P, it'll become LEJOG :) The cause & donations shall not be a wasted effort, I just need time itself to get back on my side :) Thank You for your continued support & friendliness, yours Laz.

Hi again Rich :) "I'll be doing the 14th/15th even if my nephew has to pull me along on string :)" I am a firm believer that things like this are for the best, the 4th is not my date for some reason, life simply wants me on the August date :) I'm quite a superstitious person and believe fate knows what she's doing.

All I have done is eat, s**t & breath L2P. I'm like a lit firework, all ready to go off, with a longer fuse than I'd like, just need my illness to get out the way. If it wasn't for the impact it would have had on my family, I'd have gone tomorrow, but this ride is for them also :) My 11yr old daughter has suffered enough because of my illness, this ride fixes things for her too, likewise my long suffering wife and 22yr old son. L2P is a HUGE part of all of our lives ... "It's the only thing that is pure & untainted". My very best to you Rich, I sense your will urging me on, Thank You, Laz.

PS: maybe 1 day soon I'll get to cycle right past your office, just as you are finishing for the day, with a spare bike :) I like the thought :)

Back