Rare Muddy Fox found in Hatfield

Very nice, it's an '89 looking at the frame design. 88 was regular fast back stays like already mentioned, 1990 had a fastback style wishbone design (which looks identical to this) but had a Tange Big Fork was renamed the Prestige Pro was fitted with XC Pro and had none of the bling (being more an out and out racer and the one I really want).
It also has the crackle finish paint which is very similar to the Courier, Courier Comp and Pathfinder of '89. This bike wasn't in the '89 Catalogue though so not sure of it's origins.

Carl.

Nice to see some Suntour.
I've got a pair of those brake levers knocking about somewhere.
(sorry, I obviously meant "break leavers"!)

Cool... nice bike and interesting to see another Muddy Fox with a Tange Prestige frame (albeit mine doesn't have gold plated parts or carbon!!).

It's really rather pretty. I'd be interested to see what it would fetch at auction, but I'm sure that it won't prove to have been an "investment"!

tintin40":28utl1j7 said:
02gf74":28utl1j7 said:
£ 5,000, you're kidding, right?

No. Gold plated parts & carbon wasn't cheap back then. Hence why they made only 5.

yeah but the chainring has a carbon sticker as you can see alloy teeth.

as for the gold, there is not that much of it - hubs and chainset from what I can remember, unlike the gold plated Raileigh centenary frame.

DSCF0389.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looking at the price of the Alu Team Pro on page 17 at £1200, I doubt that this was much more than £1500 new.

Carl.

Back