Bicyclemania 2012 (War of the Wolds) Sunday 27th May

For those who are going the event is held at

The Grange, Swallow, Nr. Caistor, North East Lincolnshire, LN7 6DL.

Event signs will be by the road side for approaches.

It's a hundred yards or so down a farm track alongside the A46 to the event parking area

The postcode gets you to within around 500m of the entrance to the field the event starts in

I'll be doing the 20 miler as I haven't ridden a bike in ages and want to be back home for the Monaco F1 GP ;)

So who's going to be there then?

I'll be in my Retrobike riding gear and yellow gilet, on my green '99 Orange Clockwork swearing at anything within half a mile..... You can't miss the pottymouth;)

I should be there all going well. 20mile also, could do the 40 but I've ridden only 3 or 4 more rides than Andy :LOL: and 20 miles knackers me out.

will be there. 20 miler.

purchased 2 caffeine gels today. probably make me talk more, rather than cycle faster :LOL:

see you there guys. will pm my contact.

I'll be there too. Talked my little bro into riding too, but it did mean I had to fit a new bottom bracket to his bike :roll:

Will see you all there.

I'm still in, on the Prestige, Ben, should we try and get the Hull Retro posse to hook up pre start?

After actually cleaning the Altitude since last ride on it, which is so long ago I cannot remember where.
Different chainset put it as I'd stripped the other out.
Recabled read brake as it had slightly corroded and gummed up. Better cables now and all shielded.

Pedals sound buggered so need to grab some others.
A less torn seat and the headset bearings feel rough, serviced them but I think water got into them after I accidentally flooded the inside of the frame when I took the worst of the mud of way back after it's last ride. doh!
Forgot to separate that part.

Anyways, it's up and running

So You'll ID me by the red/yellow bike being readjusted alf way around the course.

BBQ and drink yesterday didn't help the rebuild :LOL:

Changed my mind, I think.

I don't think I'm going to ride the Prestige now, may ride my '88 Rockhopper. Just need to put me SPD's on it.

I'm riding a bright yellow 1988 Specialized Rockhopper, wearing a black 'Star Bikes' top. I'll be standing next to Ben, waiting to borrow one of his tools to re adjust the Rockhopper hehe.

Back