Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Latest project: This ones for my daughter, after she christened her Kona Hahanna the Iron Lady.

Thanks to Jussa for the frame, seat clamp, front mech, bars, stem and headset. Most of the rest will be from 'stock'.

From this.

DSC_0106.jpg

To this, in one evening.

DSC_0115.jpg

And I was going to take the stickers off the forks, but I rather like the look:

DSC_0119.jpg

More soon.

NeilM":5sa3d44g said:
Latest project: This ones for my daughter, after she christened her Kona Hahanna the Iron Lady.

Thanks to Jussa for the frame, seat clamp, front mech, bars, stem and headset. Most of the rest will be from 'stock'.

From this.

DSC_0106.jpg

To this, in one evening.

DSC_0115.jpg

And I was going to take the stickers off the forks, but I rather like the look:

DSC_0119.jpg

More soon.

WOW :shock: Looks amazing already, she is gonna love it :)

Thanks.

And for the sharp eyed; the purple bullet dust caps have been fitted to every bike she'd had since she was 9, and she's now in her late twenties :cool:

NeilM":2jq7tmxy said:
Thanks.

And for the sharp eyed; the purple bullet dust caps have been fitted to every bike she'd had since she was 9, and she's now in her late twenties :cool:

Lol I've got Blue Bullets on my 1994 C16R :) nowt wrong with them :D

Just the bar ends to go and we're done.

My daughter is really pleased, although she hides it under a veil of indifference.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

FINISHED!

With the addition of a pair of bar ends, chosen and bought by my daughter, and a slight rearrangement of the controls, it's done.

I would like to upgrade the chainset at some point, but for now the Shimano compact somethingoranother will do.

Shake down ride is due this weekend, and she hopes to get to the FoD ride next month. She won't be able to make the British Steel ride, as she (and the bike) will be in Scotland.

DSC_0130.jpg

NeilM":3ebqln8f said:
FINISHED!

With the addition of a pair of bar ends, chosen and bought by my daughter, and a slight rearrangement of the controls, it's done.

I would like to upgrade the chainset at some point, but for now the Shimano compact somethingoranother will do.

Shake down ride is due this weekend, and she hopes to get to the FoD ride next month. She won't be able to make the British Steel ride, as she (and the bike) will be Scotland

Bike looks very nice, you've done well, hope she loves riding it as much as I do my C16R's :D

Jussa":2gkfo5xm said:
Bike looks very nice, you've done well, hope she loves riding it as much as I do my C16R's :D

Thanks, she's chuffed to bits with it and can't wait to get out on it. Poor soul has a mountain of work at present, so it's living here until Sunday.

Here's mine. I bought it in 1994(-ish) when my current wife rejected my marriage proposal. I spent the ring money on this bike, and slept with it in our bedroom. I started riding again recently and was stunned when people started talking about it as 'retro'. It's just my bike.[/img]

Attachments

• orange 800.jpg
    orange 800.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,425
pstead":22q8k8xy said:
Here's mine. I bought it in 1994(-ish) when my current wife rejected my marriage proposal. I spent the ring money on this bike, and slept with it in our bedroom. I started riding again recently and was stunned when people started talking about it as 'retro'. It's just my bike.

Hey welcome to the club ;) you have a very nice bike there :) some more pics as it looks very tidy, is that a recent pic?

Back